Water in tranny!!! Now not pulling!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

scandy001

Ok. My car set up for about a year while I worked on it in my spare time. After getting everything back together and driving the car for a bit it seemed like all was well. I wanted to go ahead and change tranny fluid and filter cause I hadn't done it in the 3 years I've owned the car. When I pulled out the dip stick my fluid was very milky!! I bought a filter and a case of fluid. I drained it, topped it off, drove it and did the process again till it was straight fluid coming out of the pan and showing on the dip stick. I didn't touch the car for 2 days. On the 3rd day I went to drive it and it died when I started it. I had to give it a little gas to get it to stay running at first. When I got it to stay running it was idled very high. I thought it would calm itself down. I put the car in reverse and it pulled fine. I put it in drive and nothing. It barely pulled at all! I finally got it going and drove it a bit. It had no power till about 50mph, but when I pressed the gas to the floor passing gear never kicked in and the engine didn't rev like crazy either. It was almost like it wasn't getting gas and the tranny wasn't actin right. Someone please help!!!!

water in trans's is very bad
the glue that holds the friction material to the backing plates on the clutchs ... is water based ... so it disolves in water

could also be a whole range of other issues

I had no idea!!! Don't know a lot about trans honestly. The car sat for a very long time and would not run right without fresh gas. I have kept it low on gas since cause I dont drive it now till I get a tag. Since when I press the gas to the floor the engine does not even rev I'm wondering if I picked up a bunch of trash in the tank. just a thought.

correct, and also the water/coolant in ATF almost definently means a bad radiator. Your factory radiator has a joined ATF cooler and sometimes the 2 seperate coolers can leak and cross-contaminate allowing coolant to enter the transmission system. After a while of exposure the red ATF and coolant will create a white mixture that will eventually become acidic too and eat away at the case and smell like dead bodies... but only in extreme cases. I would get the radiator pressure tested or replaced.