Wanted Wanted: Mythical Rear Sump

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Sorry but I think you'll find a rear sump LS400 is indeed a mythical beast.

You'll have better luck finding a rear sump SC400 (Soarer)

Just sold mine. Had two sets and a complete motor. I dont bother advertising them when they come in as they always sell. Have you seen a rear sump? Are you sure it will suit your job? The lower pan doesnt run all the way to the rear sometimes a custom is a better option. Once upon a time CRS did a rear sump setup. Cheers

I will have to modify it slightly to get it to fit but at least it will look stock. I have seen Andrew's Stag and he was able to get it to fit. If I can't find one I will have to go the custom route but they all look so home made.

Cheers,
Barry

I have a few guys wanting rear sumps for four wheel drives thinking they will clear the diff but they aren't quite right. The rear sump cruiser sump with the offset pan is much better. I have priced up the cruiser sump brand new but at 2K(NZ) they are up there. Have you seen a 3uz rear sump? They might be better. I have a dismantler friend that has stripped a couple of engines.

There is about 320mm between the belhousing and the back of the cross member depending on how far back I locate the motor. I need the minimum distance between the bottom of the front of the sump and the cross member/steering rack to get below the bonnet line. From Andrew's pictures it looks like the rear sump can be modified to give about 35-40mm. If the 3uz sump fits in that profile it might do the job although I get the feeling they are harder to find.

Cheers,
Barry

Hi Kelvin,

Its a bit hard to tell from the photo. Do you have better side view taken from a lower angle? It looks like the bowl part is set back nicely but the ally housing seems to extend a fair way forward.

If I can get the missus off the other computer I can post a picture of the clearance issues as I currently have the motor sitting in the bay without a sump.

Cheers,
Barry

I have a spare sc400 motor which I could pull the sump and pick up etc off. The motor is out of a burnt out car so I will have to check that it is all in reasonable nick. I can only do it if you aren't in a hurry as it is right at the back of my parts/project pile (wouldn't be till after Christmas till I got round to pulling it off if needed.
I am in Newcastle so if you are interested make me an offer

Cheers
James

I am after a rear sump from an LS400 (I know join the queue). In the Newcastle/Sydeny area of NSW Australia.

Failing that, anybody know who makes a good custom sump?

Cheers,
Barry

Just get one folded up
Put extra baffles in it...
Put custom oil pump suction pipe...
All good

Got one!

Many thanks to Zuffen for helping me out.

Kelvin, from the pictures you posted it appears the bowl is further back than the rear sump but the from mounting lip is further forward so I don't think the aluminium bit will clear the crossmember/steering.

I'll see how I go with the rear sump - will be tight but hopefully I can finesse it in. If that doesn't work I might have to revisit.

Cheers,
Barry