w201 mercedes 190e

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mercexus

waiting for my 1uzfe and auto, to show up on transport not to far off I hope,Have chosen this combination mainly based on specific attributes of all alloy (light weight high performance,latest engine technology, and reliability and of course dollar value and could not find any other motor that came close to
what I wanted, I believe this will be an awesome motor swap for the 190e with future plans for a w58 toyota manual box, stronger diff with L/SLIP ,motec/ haltech ecu, and $$$ allowing intercooled twin ct26 turbo's would go nice ,would like to hear from anyone who has done a mercedes 190e /1uz swap any info would be greatly appreciated cheer's:rolleyes: p.s great site keep up the good work.

Does that 190e have a steering box or rack? I worked on one (think was accually a 230) about 5-6 years ago. Exhaust around the steering was interesting. Cant remember too much about it but it had alot of suspension/steering changes at a local fab shop. I was just beginning with 1uz back then and I wired it along with a few other bits and pieces. Went pretty good though and resently came up of sale again. The new owner got the whole car for about the price of a motor and wiring as the old owner had lost interest.

It's got a steering box, The motor and trans turned up on friday yahhoo and they look more impressive out of the car gotta hand it to the japanese they sure can create an awesome motor,looking at the rear of the engine can already see the exhaust manifold is going to have to be changed, but having studied the situation further i think perhaps a commodore power steering rack swap maybe possible and not cost alot of $$ will think about this more as the project moves forward ,another thing to think about is the car has a cable driven speedo and the ls 400 auto has a magnetic pickup any idea's thank's

This would've been an interesting build to read about.
I have just finished a 1uz into a Mercedes W202. I had to change the steering box to a rack, I used the rack out of a W210 E-class Mercedes. It drives and goes well!