V8 Supra Swap Tutorial

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I could probably do a set for you, but I would need to pick up a set of the early MKIII mount stands to modify my jig in order to work on the early subframe. Mine will only work on the late subframe.

If you were interested in swaping to the late subframe, then I can make another set like mine with no problem.....

I actually plan on doing a set for the early subframe, but didn't really plan on it any time soon. I am working on a 2J swap for a local guy and then finishing my 1UZ swap before I was going to do any work for the early subframes. I might have to replan my schedule and mod the jig to do the early ones.

If you can make a set for me that fit the 89+ cross members, I can still use them. It's just a matter of 20degrees so I don't mind modifying my stock c/m. If I have to, I'll run to the junk to get one. LMK the price. If it's a little pricey, I'll still buy it, but It might be awhile hence I'm still a HS student with a part time Job. Haha. Thanks for the help.

I could probably do a set for you, but I would need to pick up a set of the early MKIII mount stands to modify my jig in order to work on the early subframe. Mine will only work on the late subframe.

What is the thickness of the mild steel for your engine mount? I am thinking making a set for the 2uzfe with SC400 by using 1/2" mild steel plate.

What is the thickness of the mild steel for your engine mount? I am thinking making a set for the 2uzfe with SC400 by using 1/2" mild steel plate.

No, no need for them to be that thick. The base plate at the block is 1/4" and the rest is 3/16". You could step up to everything being 1/4" or even 5/16" base and 1/4" everywhere else, but deffinitly no need for 1/2" plate.

I actually built a set out of entirerly 3/16" for a built 2JZ (1123rwhp) swap to into a taco, and the guy had to change to solid mounts cause the rubbers broke on the dyno. Even with the solid mounts and that kind of power, never had any problems with the 3/16" material and they have been in there for almost 2years now.

did anyone have any luck fabbing some mounts for the earlier model crossmember?
I did. Check out my worklog. But mine made engine sit higher and hit bonnet.
However with this set up, sump clears crossmember by about 15mm. And I don't think that dropping engine by 10mm will allow to get reasonable clearance with bonnet.

people have made it work with the late model crossmember dont know why it wouldnt work with the earlier one, the mount would just have to be on a different angle and slightly smaller..

just in regards to gearbox options, would an a340e rear end from an a70 supra bolt onto an a340le froma uzz31, hence making it possible to use the a70 slip yoke, gearbox mount, speedo cable etc etc?? It said something about that in the article but he was using the crown box..

guess i got some miss-information. someone told me if you had a 89+ supra that the sc400 motor would bolt in. i thought it was feesable since they are both rear sump and the 89+ have the new style mounts. if i have to make mounts i'm gonna keep the early style subframe

guess i got some miss-information. someone told me if you had a 89+ supra that the sc400 motor would bolt in. i thought it was feesable since they are both rear sump and the 89+ have the new style mounts. if i have to make mounts i'm gonna keep the early style subframe

Its a bolt in situation in MKIV supra's but not in the MKIII supra's, mounts have to be made.

yep, I even tried reversing the mounts. it just won't work

btw I make adaptor plates and mounts for this swap!
click the link in my sig.
(shameless plug)

Last edited: