V8 into 4x4 with W or G series tranny.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SuperRunner

I am starting on this conversion, and I am not going to be buying a bellhousing or flywheel. Instead i will be making my own parts to do this.

I was just wondering if anyone has done this swap with a W or G series tranny. I have noticed that the ring gear is a little too big for the bellhousing, but with a little grinding, it may still fit.

Yes, I know, but if you plan on running stock power, than the W series should be able to hold up. G series probably wouldn't last long, but that is ok.

I am actually making my own bellhousing, and along with the 7MGTE to truck R series tranny bellhousing I am working on, I will sell them in the states.

After looking at some flywheels, it seems that the 3VZE v6 flywheel would be the best match. If you enlarge the holes a little(off-set enlargement), you could use the 1st gen 3SGTE flywheel bolts which use the same size thread, but are enlarged toward the head of the bolt for larger diameter holes in the flywheel.

I could drill new holes between the existing holes, but that might compromise strength. What do you think about this?

I ran a W56 for 4 months on a 4x4 with 38" tires, locked up front and rear running over 350bhp, driving like a maniac.

Another friend is running a W56 with around 300bhp on a 4x4 with 35" tires locked front and rear, for almost 2 years now. He drives kinda slow though.

A G series on the other hand...at least older ones won't handle my abuse more than a few days. A W56 should be able to handle the stock power of a 1UZ just fine.

I`m running a G52 behind a stock 1uz and its fine so far. I know this box is in good condition as I`ve had it since near new. I do comps and yes it gets driven hard, I have front n rear locks and run 36 swampers.

the 3vz flywheel is like an inch thick don't think that it will compromise strength to much to drill in between the existing holes, I machined up some plug and pressed them in to the existing bolt holes buzzed over them with the TIG welder then redrilled the holes over the old ones just for safety sake.

If your using a 3vz flywheel might as well pick up a tranny from a v6 pickup or 4runner there cheap enough. Just one less thing to think about when you step on the pedal.