V8 Fiat

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

storm_rider_

Im looking at putting a turboed or supercharged 1u or 2u Lexus V8 into a Fiat 124 sport. I have a few idea's but need a bit of clarification before starting cutting.

Ultimately i want the to use a skyline gtr running gear with the lexus so i get awd, traction control, strength, big brakes etc.

I can see that being a big drama setting the gearbox up though. lol. Whats the chances of finding one of the 2u with the 4x4 sump and auto?? probably slim, right??

Im looking for around 500 fly horse power and reliability. I'm not to concerned about the engineering side of things and ultimately i want to own something totally different. lol
My big boss has a holden and a ferrari thing. He has 4 crewmans, all different engines, a monaro, and a couple of clubsports as work vehicles and a ferrari testirossa and a 460 gt i think, 1998 front v8 thing. I hate the cheque book brigade that go out and buy factory stuff or bolt on b/s and say its a fast car or a show car. I want to show them what can be done with a bit of ingenuity and no where near as much money.

If im going rwd i'd rather have a manual but find one that will handle the power is another thing. I was talking to a gearbox guy yesterday and he reckons i'd be wasting my time using a w58 supra box which i have found here for $800NZ. Has any one had any experience with using one behind the v8, He seemed to reckon the torque would kill it in no time.

if that isn't an option can the auto be made to work tipronicly instead of conventional slush box?? and how strong are they??

That is going to e a tight fit.

There was a AWD Celsior set up for sale in Brisbane a while back. Check out the For Sale section of this Forum.

The auto box won't take 500hp and an R seiers box is about all you could use.

storm_rider_

Welcome to the forum. This sounds like an interesting project, the old Fiat 124's is getting rare here in Europe.

Before you start chopping I'd recomend you measure up the engine bay to see if it's possible to fit the 1UZFE
engine, the Fiat 1600/1750/2000 engines are short so measure first. If you want to go the AWD route you
also need to make certain the Skyline sump clears the frame rails, you will probably need to noch both to
clear the crossmember and the front driveshafts.

From what I remember the 124's had a double wishbone front suspention, and the Skyline have a combined
Mcperson/double wishbone front suspention. This will be one of your biggest challenges, modifying the Skyline
front suspention to suit the Fiat.

Good luck !

Attachments

• HPIM0128.JPG
    HPIM0128.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 9
No there is no way the engine will go in with out major front surgery. Then thats part the reason to do it in the first place.

You can out drive the brakes with a 2ltr in them, the suspension doen't allow much adjustment for lowering or anything like camber etc, The steering boxs are crap. lol

What i have so far is my 124 with out the engine and box, I was supposed to be pulling the diff out to this weekend but cant see it yet, I have a hi ace / hilux diff with supra brakes that is being modded to go under it. I'm probably also going to pick up a the front sub frame of a gen 3 supra ma70 with the power steer, wisbone setup, and probably make up a set of top arms to suit.

Hopefully i'm going to get away with keeping the original chassis rails and just weld in a 3 inch round frame onto to pickup the shock mounts and reinforce the whole front end but only a bit of time will tell me that.

I was talking to a guy today that put a lexus in a nissan ute and he had a w55 box in his and reckons its more than strong enough to take the power.

I think the 4wd idea is great but the execution of it is going to be a big headache so i'm probably staying rwd unless i can trake down the 4wd lexus that has the sump and box and other bits.

I notices theres a guy here sticking a lexus into his r32 and theres a guy in oz thats setting on up in a cobra to with the 4wd system. be pretty awesome though.

If i was being conventional i would have carried down the path i initially was going down. I had a volumax 2ltr. 8 valve lancia supercharged motor with steel bottom end. I was going to get the manifold fabricated up and a bi turbo and after mart management. Gives me an easy 300 fly hp. They have them up over 500 in oz but i have to wonder what reliability they have to. The only other engine choice is a lance croma turbo engine, or a rotary those aren't to bad to fit but again you still have reliabvility drama's when pushing big power out of them.

Ultimately i would love a south african glenwood motors 3.8ltr alfa v6 twin turbo in it but you can guess the sort of coin they are. $18,000 US i think from memory, and i know to make one here your paying $3500 for a late 156 2,5ltr v6 and then you stroke and turbo it so the lexus works out alot more economical. I was even thinking a small block chev. go in with out to much drama but again for 330hp is going to be $7000 NZ so the lexus make alot more sence and has injection and multi valve heads

Those are such nice looking cars, would be a nice swap; was considering a similar swap into a Beta Monte Carlo a few years back that would have entailed a lot of steel tubing to pull off.

I would love to find an Opel/Vauxhaul Ascona from the early seveneties for a similar swap.

I've trashed a W58 with only 265rwkw. Looked at a R154 but ended up going straight to the big guy with a Tremec TKO600...this has copped plenty and given so sign of giving up yet. Car runs pretty quick at the circuit and mid 11's at the strip and it's no lightweight at 1380kg.

If it'll fit that's a nice conversion although will compromise the sweet handling of the 124.

Thats what i have been hearing to. Think i'd do the same to, makes more sence to go for a TKO, I suppose the asking price is proportionate if you keep blowing w58s and the like. lol

Your right to it would compomise the handling of the 124 alot. Then in alot of ways the suspension on them is pretty antiquated anyway and very hard to adjust for camber and lowering thats why i was thinking the whole front of the gen 3 supra with custom uprights and the hi-ace/hilux back end with the convention fiat setup would work alot better.

I decided a while back that the lexus is probably going to be more trouble in the amount cutting and setup up required with the computer. So i looked into a sbc instead. It will go in with out to many dramas, no cutting of the firewall or anything. So i purchased a cheap 305 and already had the hi-ace diff so i proceeded to strip them down. I put everything on my trailor ready to take to the engineer the following weekend and parked it in the garage and locked the garage up, anyway i got up three mornings latter and the locks had been cut and the engine and trailr and diff were gone. hmmm, lol Anyway i come to the conclusion you need to retain you sence of humor. You can drive yourself nuts thinking about spinless wankers that do **** like that. Sooo im back to a fiat 124 missing the engine and alot of options, lol.