Video 1976 Chrylser Centura with Toyota Crown V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The u pipe/throttle body adaptor is from BULLET, they normally use this adaptor in there 2UZ landcruiser blower kit.
My whole kit came from BULLET & this is the first 112 on a 1UZ setup they have done,so i was a bit of a guinea pig. I had to modify the right hand valve cover where the crank vent fitting was to clear the BULLET throttle body adaptor, i had to make another adaptor to fit the factory crown throttle body at an angle to clear the blower.

Attachments

• 2006-Ford-Tungsten-GT-FA-1024x768.jpg
    2006-Ford-Tungsten-GT-FA-1024x768.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 5
I am sure they would, though its not a standard kit.
My setup was a complete manifold/top plate/blower/drive snout with pulley & u pipe all bolted together that i got but it didnt exactly bolt straight on.
I had to modify the right hand cam cover, the top water outlet & the fan hub bearing housing, All pretty easy to do & i am sure BULLET would do these mods for you if you asked.
If you are going to keep your aircon, you might not have to modify the top water outlet or the fan bearing housing , BULLET should also be able to modify the u pipe before assembly so no need to modify your cam cover.
Very happy with my setup.

i just bought a Centura to put the 1UZ i have in a celcior half cut laying out the back, then i come across this thread, loving the engine bay space that i am going to be dealing with, plenty of room for turbo dumps.

am aiming for straight LPG with twin turbo's on mine, and adapting a C4 3spd auto with 2800 stall to it.
hopefully make some decent power with any luck.

You should find it a very easy conversion as i did, if you have any questions just ask, only to happy to assist where i can.
Talking gearboxs, i'm having problems again with the standard original box i'm using, you should have no problems using a C4 as they can be made very strong.
As i want to keep overdrive my choice is a bit more limited.
What you going to use your CENTURA for ?

You should find it a very easy conversion as i did, if you have any questions just ask, only to happy to assist where i can.
Talking gearboxs, i'm having problems again with the standard original box i'm using, you should have no problems using a C4 as they can be made very strong.
As i want to keep overdrive my choice is a bit more limited.
What you going to use your CENTURA for ?

yeah i nelary got talked into using the std gearbox with a standalone computer from another model car, but everwhere else seems to say that they aint that good, and the main attraction with the C4 is that i can build them myself, and i have all the bits left over from when i had my turbo 351 cleveland to build a stout box to handle 600hp+ which is more than i will need, so we'll see what happens.

i am not overly concerned about overdrive, the whole point of this car is that it is something i can have fun in without breaking the daily driver.

its main purpose at the moment is just going to be a fun fast car, might go in some burnout comps, might even hit the strip with it will see how it all goes, with the twin turbo's and LPG if i dont get over 300rwkw i am going to be verry annoyed, pull it all out, and put my turbo's on the 265 hemi.

wouldnt mind some pics of what you did for engine mounts if you have any handy.
Cheers
Dan

I don't have any good photos but you can get an idea from this one.
It will also depend on what mounts you are going to use, mine are standard toyota crown mounts, thats what my original motor was from.

i've had my car on a couple dynos, the first ran 317rwhp but i promptly blew that engine up during a burnout, when i put the replacement engine in i had it detuned a bit a have ran 289rwhp scince that, in this guize i ran a 12.3@ 112mph in full street trim, which i was very happy with.

The reason i need/want to keep overdrive is i have to drive 700klms round trip to go to the drags, cruzin on the highway at 2400rpm with 3.7 diff gears is very appealling, i usually average around 11L/100klms on the highway which i also like

If you want some better photos just let me know.

Don't be slack like me & take heaps of photos throughout you conversion

Looks like a pretty clean car, was it a country car? the back ground in the photo looks very rural.
When's the conversion start?

yeah i am the 2nd owner, a realative owned the car, they had it since new. way out in central VIC, (i think i covered a tad over 2000km in the LTD in the 4 days i was away, had a day pit stop at the grandparents)

conversion starts after i sort out rego transfer and what not, once its in my name in the ACT it all begins :)