V12 in a Toyota Tacoma

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RCSSCH

I'm interested in putting a Toyota 1gz Fe V12 in my Toyota Tacoma I'm not sure but I think it might be the first one that's been done. Anyone that's used any one of these engines or has any ideas or information that it would be helpful. I think it's going to turn out great and it'll be the first of its kind thanks for the info.

I found a UK engine supplier that is selling a completely rebuilt 1gz Fe Toyota V12 it looks brand new and only has 3000 run in miles on it and comes with the transmission and wiring harness complete for about $2,100 free shipping.

Cool - I don't know if these GZ projects are jinxed or what, but quite a few people start them and don't finish. Good luck with yours!

I'm hoping that with the platform I'm going to use it will work but most of the people that I've noticed most people try to hook up turbos and supercharge these engines and I just want to use the engine for what it is and make it look like it came from the factory using parts from the engine just like it was stock.

I've noticed some folks seem to want to boost these engines even though they were never intended for boost. it does seem that a 2JZ would be much more suited for these types of boosted applications with it's forged bottom end but the 1 g-Z is built for smoothness and reliability it doesn't make sense why someone would want to try to do any type of boosting without reinforcing all of the internals because you're taking an engine and using it for something you was never intended to do . smooth acceleration and torque at early stages , I think this is a good platform for every day driver that was something unique and exclusive .

Same with the BMW V12's. They were meant to power big, heavy luxobarges comfortably up to 150 mph without straining, but they weren't intended for high HP applications. Those (like me) who have tried to turn them into cheap Ferrari wannabe V12's have wound up spending more than the real thing would have cost.

The boost approach isn't a terrible idea because the only way to get significant HP out of these engines with their poor head design is to "force" more air into them. I don't know about the Toyota heads, but the BMW heads have tiny ports.....

I think you're taking the right approach, however, if all you want is a DD with good torque at the low end. That's exactly what they were designed to produce.

I'm interested in putting a Toyota 1gz Fe V12 in my Toyota Tacoma I'm not sure but I think it might be the first one that's been done. Anyone that's used any one of these engines or has any ideas or information that it would be helpful. I think it's going to turn out great and it'll be the first of its kind thanks for the info.
any update on this project? Seriously thinking of putting the 1GZ in either an 05 Hilux, or just build a jeeprod around the engine.

Sounds fun, I've always thought it would be fun to do one in the sc platform to have a reliable version of the 850i.