UZZ31 Tranny code 46

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Peewee

Ok, my O/D light is telling me 46 (4 flashes, 2 sec gap, 6 flashes, 4 sec gap)

I cannot find ANYWHERE what this code is.

Anyone got any ideas?

CEL is flashing normally.

This is apparently 'Number 4 Solenoid fault' which is 'the line pressure PWM solenoid in the A341E'.

Now, could just be that I am running a UZS131 Crown tranny on a UZZ31 Soarer ecu?

I'm guessing the Soarer uses an A341E and the Crown uses an A340E?

There is a problem in that circuit somewhere. Whether it is the solenoid or the connectors or wiring? You won't do any harm not having that solenoid working. You will get harder shifts as a result.
The crown uses the A341E and the SC uses the A340.

Well, I got under there today, and only one of the 2 solenoids was getting +12v (solenoid 3 and 4).

Surprise solenoid 4 wasn't getting +12v.
So I just bridged the power from solenoid 3 to solenoid 4.

Will know when I drive it next if it worked.

Peewee said:
Well, I got under there today, and only one of the 2 solenoids was getting +12v (solenoid 3 and 4).

Surprise solenoid 4 wasn't getting +12v.
So I just bridged the power from solenoid 3 to solenoid 4.

Will know when I drive it next if it worked.

Have you checked the continuity of the solenoids?
S1 and S2 are both connected to ground internally and use one pin each one the 6 pin connector. S3 and S4 are isolated from everything else and use 2 pins each on the 6 pin connector. The resistance of the on/off S1/S2 solenoids are different from that of the S3/S4 modulated solenoids. I cant remember which are higher or lower. They are around 6-16 ohms each from memory.

Solenoid failure is not uncommon in Toyota transmissions infact, two of my cressy's have open circuit solenoids on the TC lockup circuit.

The S1,S2 solenoids should be around 10Ω-16Ω Tested between pin 3 or 6 and case of tranny.

The TC solenoid should be around 3.5Ω-3.9Ω. Tested between pins 2 and 5.
Accumulator pressure solenoid should be around the 5.1Ω-5.5ΩΩmark. Measured between pins 1 and 4.

I have also seen quite a few bad tranny solenoids, in various gearboxes.

I had 12.x ohm for S1 and S2
3.6? for S3 and 5.? for S4, so they all seem to be inspec.

They were within 0.1ohm of my spare tranny.

I still don't know why one wire didnt have +12v, but I'm not gonna pull the loom apart to find out.