UZFE Powered FD RX 7

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yeah this RX is going to rip. A perfect smooth engine that will probably be as smooth as the rotary and sound a hell of a lot better! I've driven a couple 3rd gens and they are quick as hell... but everyone knows the downsides to those engines and all. : \ This is a great solution.

Am loving this cluster...will try and reuse...sexy out the door!

CIMG0782.jpg

Am not sure if i have these pics up already (few dodgy links and cant edit them as yet) but here goes...

Front brake and suspension out

CIMG0889.jpg

CIMG0864.jpg

Sound deadening removed

CIMG0884.jpg

Nice and naked

CIMG0885.jpg

Decided to grow balls and get out a black marker!

IMG00057-20090321-1354.jpg

Then an angle grinder...you can only look at it for so long!

IMG00056-20090321-1354.jpg

IMG00055-20090321-1353.jpg

Cardboard time

IMG00058-20090321-1542.jpg

IMG00059-20090321-1543.jpg

Its alittle bit bodge...but should work

IMG00011-20090912-1643.jpg

IMG00014-20090919-1530.jpg

IMG00013-20090919-1530.jpg

They still need alittle tinkering/shaping to mate to the arch inner correctly and also to be welded in place...

Good news is I have found an engine and will be leaving japan soon...more on that shortly. Am starting to think it will take me forever to get this finished...we'll keep at it!

Last edited:
Keep at it - that's a great platform for this project. You'll miss the earsplitting racket of the rotary, but you'll love the torquey beast that replaces it!

Will do cribbj...be a while before I make noise but now have something to play with...On new years eve was sitting in and was bored, was trawling yahoo auctions in japland and found this. A few emails later and some help from Christy at jdmjapparts.com (thanks dude) she was purchased. Engine decision made finally (rotary, 1J, SR20, Chevy)...its a 1uzfe from a uzz30 with 24,268km. Looks fresh and from my extensive knowledge of Japanese...ahem...the seller seemed to be genuine. Won't know til she lands sometime in february. Will probably next Christmas before I can i afford a gearbox...the joy and the fun!...a few pics...

1UZenginefront.jpg

1UZengineintakeside.jpg

1UZenginerear.jpg

@ WDoherty I believe the car was Stevie Wonders project car! Who knows what they were planning!! It'll be use for drifting in Ireland and UK when complete...whenever that'll be!!

@Ruishy1...Will do...Have no idea what way I am gonna tackle this yet until engine arrives in 3 weeks from Japland. From initial measurements and using info on here the height of the engine will be an issue and also engine/steering rack will be interesting. There may be some chopping involved of the oem subframe but I am gonna try keep it as painless and simple as possible.

Dunno what happened with this project but I am in the process of putting a VVTi 1Uz into an FD Rx7 so once I have a bit more progress I will get ups some pics for you all, I am currently in the process of stripping down the engine and giving it a bloody good clean lol

Nice nice. Is there a thread somewhere else? Got any info or links for that yet? I used to race run a couple race prepped FD's around CA race tracks back in the day. There was never enough entries to start a full racing schedule for them though. They cost too much! But those cars are awesome.

I've finally bought an FD too.

I have a Soarer which is providing the engine currently I'm running the FD around with the rotary as I'd never had one before - not my thing though.

I can't start my project for a few months yet as I have promised to sell some of my other toys first.

Would love to find someone who's done it before. I've seen video on Youtube of one in NZ but can't find any details.

Nice nice. Is there a thread somewhere else? Got any info or links for that yet? I used to race run a couple race prepped FD's around CA race tracks back in the day. There was never enough entries to start a full racing schedule for them though. They cost too much! But those cars are awesome.

Havent started a build thread for it yet as i'm just stripping down and cleaning things at the moment so not much interesting progress (unless anyone disagrees then I will start one)
Need to find a few suppliers and an injection of cash as I have fully stripped the shell and want to clean, replace and paint pretty much everything from the ground up so I know it's perfect once it's finished :)