UZA80 starting in R

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Meiser

Hi everyone

I am a decent way through my MKIV Supra V8 conversion and I have got the engine starting and idling nicely. However, I am only able to start the engine when the selector is in R and my reverse light does not work with the selector in R.

Here's a link to my first start video:

https://youtu.be/OyiK09ntmx0

I have already sorted the leaking thermostat cover and tapping from the left bank.

My engine and gearbox came from my old UZZ31 Soarer, along with the ECU and my Supra is a 1994 JDM.

Can anyone provide any helpful tips or advice or point me in the right direction, please? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and if you want/need any more info, just let me know and I will see what I can do :)

Thanks!

adjust lever position sensor / starter inhibitor position. It's one device located on transmission.
even better buy new original one

When adjusting, it's best to ask someone to use multimeter to monitor the changes from the cabin side of the loom

adjust lever position sensor / starter inhibitor position. It's one device located on transmission.
even better buy new original one

When adjusting, it's best to ask someone to use multimeter to monitor the changes from the cabin side of the loom

Thank you George, I'll give it a go as soon as I can and let you know how I get on.

My starter inhibitor was in the wrong position, but I was quite fortunate as I didn't need to use a multimeter to get it sorted. I just needed to adjust the "length" connecting rod so that the selector in the cabin matched the position on the switch, I think that mine was "too short", if that makes any sense.

Thanks again!