Using a 1JZ box behind 1UZ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hungryforinfo

Is it possible? The casting looks the same, the !J has a better output yoke and a lower first gear?

Have heard that MV Autos in SA use a 1JZ first gear in 1UZ box to get quicker launch, Does the Surf auto box have a lower first gear again does anybody know?

Surf ratios for 3400V6, 2.7L 4cyl petrol, and 4cyl turbo diesel.

First gear:

2nd:

3rd:

4th:

Reverse:

Last edited:
UZZ31 (SC400 Soarer with 1UZ, V8)

Transmission (A343E):
- Drivetrain: FR
- Four Speed Automatic Electronically Controlled Transmission With Intelligence (ECT-i)
- Overdrive Fourth Gear
- Dual Shift Programs
- Engine/Transmission Networking
- Gear Ratios:
--- First: 2.804
--- Second: 1.531
--- Third: 1.000
--- Fourth: 0.705
--- Reverse: 2.393
--- Final Drive: 3.92

the 1jz box is a w58 in manual form, if your thinking of using an auto I'm not sure what it is but I'd stick with the 1uz box over the 1j box in that case, the 1uz box is known to take 650kw before failing.

I am only interested in the 1JZ auto, and maybe only the first gear from it.

I thought the w58 was a manual?

hey rob, just give mv autos a call.

I meant to call them yesterday, as I have a feeling the surf box I have has an even lower first gear than the 1J box, and was thinking of getting it swapped in, 4x4's love being a bit slower.

Will call him today, cheers millsi.

phoned, 1uz and surf have the same low first gear. The early 7m boxes have a higher ratio (lower numerical value).

Being 4x4 I want to have a lower gear if possible, with my 1.5 kit he said im okay for now.

Back to the Future!

I am interested in verifying that the 1jzgte A341LE that has the extra clutch pack that has been known to hold 500whp on jz engines, will fit together with a A343E from the 1uz SC400.

Any insight on the extra torque capacity from the jz auto in regards to a low-cost auto swap for a mildly boosted 1UZ?

I am looking into this for a remote-mount setup.