Project Thread Twin-Turbo V8 6-Speed SC: UZZ-TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

UZZ-TT

..:project: GALACTUS:..
Twin-Turbo V8 6-Speed SC: UZZ-TT
Here's how it's looking these days!:

UZZTT2CLOSE.jpg

UZZTT2SM.jpg

REARSTOPTECHVOLKUZZTT.jpg

UZZTTBLACKMANIFPR.jpg

LOWUZZTT.jpg

STOPTECHTAILUZZTT.jpg

DEPLOYUZZTT.jpg

REARUZZTT.jpg

UZZ-TTV8SCPIPING.jpg

It should be running by the end of March. Rush Imports is working on a full boost combed-thru Adaptronic 1UZ-FE TT tune, on a very very similar engine (Early 1UZ/Cometic gaskets/ARP studs/Close to same size turbos/Injectors [Mine are 460cc RX-7 units]) which I am going to download and use, so dyno tuning will be a snap. MVP adapter plates and Getrag are going on this week, and engine will be installed soon.
Just lacing things up and then I'll pull it tight, and start'er up!

-Zach

Quite a pile of toys there! Good luck with your project & keep us updated as it comes together.

I don't know your target HP, but on my supercharged build the 460cc injectors were running close to 100% duty, even when we were spraying nearly 600cc per minute of straight methanol.

I'm probably going to bump mine up to 525 or possibly even larger. I don't want to lose the driveability, or good idle that you get with small injectors, but I definitely don't want to be running 100% duty either.

In the Supra world, people don't start getting concerned with idle until they're into 4 figure injectors, so no reason why the UZ, with the same per cylinder displacement as the 2JZ-GTE shouldn't be the same.

Yea I'm contemplating larger injectors, but I might have to make that "Stage 2." Damn, I'm coming up on my bandwidth limit on Photobucket, I didn't realize there even was a limit... oops.

These should get me in the 4-500's range... Will just have to see when tuning starts. Thanks guys.

Cribbj, what hp was your Supercharged engine running with the 460cc's?
Ugpm* Thanks.

Nice Zach! I would think the injectors should carry your power goals, but if you start pushing it harder then you will need to add more fuel.

Negative, it just looks like it's complete, none of the wiring is hooked up yet!* lol I wish it ran. Seems like it'll never be complete! Ever get that feeling?

Yea I'm contemplating larger injectors, but I might have to make that "Stage 2." Damn, I'm coming up on my bandwidth limit on Photobucket, I didn't realize there even was a limit... oops.

These should get me in the 4-500's range... Will just have to see when tuning starts. Thanks guys.

Cribbj, what hp was your Supercharged engine running with the 460cc's?
Ugpm* Thanks.
Mitch (he helped me tune for my SC) said my 460 injectors are maxed out at 80%, and my car ran 13 lbs of boost that's dynoed at 334 rwhp. He recomended to go with larger injectors if I tend to boost more. My car is an auto so that's probably why the drivetrain loss is so high. Yours is a manual so you'll see higher rwhp. I think both engines might make around 475-500 bhp.

Great project

Are you sure you want to risk running without a harmonic ballancer? The 5hp you get from the underdrive pulley is just not an issue with the turbos.