Twin turbo UZ ST185

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey Justin did you ever get yours dyno'ed with the custom lower intake?
and any progress on a new better one?

"Results were very impressive bottom and mid range. We had some issues on the dyno so top end results were a bit meaningless. At the drags i picked up approx 5mph top end so plug that into a drag calc and it suggests a good power gain. Throttle response was also greatly improved.

From my end all good. It's sold now so no further testing but MKII is in the works ;-)

"Results were very impressive bottom and mid range. We had some issues on the dyno so top end results were a bit meaningless. At the drags i picked up approx 5mph top end so plug that into a drag calc and it suggests a good power gain. Throttle response was also greatly improved.

From my end all good. It's sold now so no further testing but MKII is in the works ;-)

Justen, what is sold? The intake or the car!!!

Details on the MKII please :)

Just the manifold, not the car :)

The car is getting it's next round of major mods....mostly rear end so i can get off the line with sticky rubber and not snap stuff every time :)

The MKII....more like MKX by now ;) is still a budget option and i'm just putting a plenum on top of a ported Richwood manifold. That will do what i need for now.

Ive been reading your updates/threads on here and toymods for yonks, buts ive never seen you mention what you actually want to do with the car.
... what are you building it for? whats its main use?

Building it? Mate it's been running and on the road for 5 years now :)

It's basically an all rounder...started out as my daily but gotto the point where it was too compromised for regular street use (evil clutch) so i tipped it all the way and went circuit focussed.

It's still street registered (and legal) just not very comfy so only does events and shows.

I have found a clutch that is apparently streetable and good for 900hp so saving my pennies for that and the car will again see a bit more street use.

Event wise, i mostly do circuit racing but it gets to the drags now and again, motorkhanas and i want to do a few hillclimbs too. Targa style rally's are big here in Oz as well so one day when i'm feeling rich enough i'll enter one of those as well.

9300rpm?

>
Yes i think you are right...a special "Hypertune" inlet....
>....lateron he blew a headgasket and is now rebuilding...
>So another proof that the inlet is very restrictive....

To continue discussions on revs and inlet manifolds and modded motors - this an interesting one - modded inlet, NA and quotes '9300rpm 407hp Naturally Aspirated 1UZFE Supra'. Must be a very built motor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clRvHdA47rw&feature=related

The 9,300rpm motor was full of the best gear available and was built after and intensive examination of all options open plus any options available to go beyond any 1UZ to date.

It failed at 2,000km but no one is 100% sure why.

There's a suggestion it was tight side clearances on the rods but who knows for sure.

It's been rebuilt with milder cams so should be interesting how it goes this time.

Edz, a rash call mate...you have no idea what went into this engine build. Definitely going where few have gione before so no surprises there are hiccups......just unfortunately for Ed (yup he's an Ed too) it was an expensive one. Likely cause was the incorrect weigh oil for the rpm....not many experience over 9000rpm so you expect some trial an error.

Even guys like RMS with a life of experience have the odd hiccup as you can't predict everything.

Pray you have no serious hurdles :)

OK, time to update the thread i guess. The new intake

maniinstall2.jpg

A new catch can i just had made so i can enter CAMS 'speed' events

catchcan.jpg

and i also needed to seal in the fuel system

fuelcoverA.jpg

The new manifold was flowing so well i needed a tune. On 2 psi *less* boost and a richer/safer tune we made an extra 18rwkw :) So, on a measly 10psi the car is making 333rwkw. This is on my 'test' dyno :) I'll keep it in this state for the next 3 events and then think about whether i both with the ITB setup when i move to E85.

....The new manifold was flowing so well i needed a tune. On 2 psi *less* boost and a richer/safer tune we made an extra 18rwkw :) So, on a measly 10psi the car is making 333rwkw. This is on my 'test' dyno :) I'll keep it in this state for the next 3 events and then think about whether i both with the ITB setup when i move to E85.
I forgot the conversion to rwhp, but 10 psi with 333 rwkw is very impressive. Did you advance the timing a lot?

Near enough to 450rwhp Steve :)

We did chuck a few extra degs ign advance at it. The MAP i still on the shops laptop but from memory it was around 20 deg BTDC at peak load.

If i screwed the boost back to where it was (12-13psi) and ran the same AFR i reckon i would see nigh on 500rwhp. I'm not game to try another 17psi run as that was 530rwhp previously so would be up a round 600rwhp now and i'm doubtful the stock pistons/rods would take that for long :)

Nice numbers! I envy you. LOL. :haha: I'm currently running 13 psi and the car only makes 334 rwhp and 378 rwhp. I have an auto tranny so that could cause a big loss comparing to your manual tranny. I'll look into tweaking a few more ignition timing soon.

It depends alot on the turbo of course as all boosts aren't equal ;) But seeing i have 450rwhp on 10psi, it does seem a bit strange you are that much down on hp with more boost? and a dyno jet dyno as well i'm guessing which read higher than the dyno-dynamics my run was performed on?

What ECU? get yourself a decent one and a decent tuner and you'll be busting 450+rwhp in no time :)

It depends alot on the turbo of course as all boosts aren't equal ;) But seeing i have 450rwhp on 10psi, it does seem a bit strange you are that much down on hp with more boost? and a dyno jet dyno as well i'm guessing which read higher than the dyno-dynamics my run was performed on?

What ECU? get yourself a decent one and a decent tuner and you'll be busting 450+rwhp in no time :)
My car was dynoed on a Dyno Jet and it uses a standalone AEM from the Supra MKIV TT. I had it rewired to work with the stock harness and tuned by a pro.

My car was dynoed on a Dyno Jet and it uses a standalone AEM from the Supra MKIV TT. I had it rewired to work with the stock harness and tuned by a pro.

Not much more i can say then mate :sad6:

Physics is not on your side here as you setup should be making way more power, even with an average ECU. If your setup is right (cam timing etc etc etc) then there are really only 2 options, your tuner has capped the tuning as you ran out of injector? or your tuner is actually crap?

Anyways, hope you find the missing hp :240:

Edz, a rash call mate...you have no idea what went into this engine build. Definitely going where few have gione before so no surprises there are hiccups......just unfortunately for Ed (yup he's an Ed too) it was an expensive one. Likely cause was the incorrect weigh oil for the rpm....not many experience over 9000rpm so you expect some trial an error.

Not an ounce of sarcasm intended in that, it must have been a well built motor to last that long at those revs, any lesser motor would have died in 100kms.