Twin turbo UZ ST185

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
awesome but a bit pointless? no chance of getting the power down and not the light nimble thing they are intended to be....like i said, less is more.

I'll turbo the blacktop and maybe bump it up to 1900cc, but it only weighs 580kg.

The celica should have around 1.7kg/hp and be virtually undrivable...i don't need much over 300hp in the clubbie to have the same (which i don't want anyways). A 250hp turbo blacktop is pretty easy to achieve and will be stupidly fast...10 sec 1/4 fast and still handle and stop like nothing else. That is what these things do well ;)

So this kenting VVTi.....here is the valve

imagejpg2_zps4f82b231.jpg

imagejpg3_zps1df01597.jpg

A complicated little fucker and even leaving it off is giving headaches. It appears if left off you don't get quite enough oil to the cam journals and my one was going to have issues the long run. The journal was just starting to see some galling and pretty sure it was heading for major issues.

So the fix? Gut the solenoid. Run full oil pressure to both adv and retard circuit which will keep the cam in a single position and the journals well oiled. Some work to do the the galleries though....of course, can't be too easy :rolleyes:

imagejpg1_zps2b27a3df.jpg

I'll devcon up the drains but leave a small hole to act act a squirter to help keep the cam gears lubed. There's probably enough of and oil bath in the heads to do this but after the disasters to date I'm not taking any chances.

As for cam position, I'm just going to adv the inlet 7 degrees via the cam belt position and call it done. More boost will mske up for any holes in the torque curve ;)

Here's what I am working with.

imagejpg1_zps85e9a1cb.jpg

imagejpg2_zps2324cb1b.jpg

The thing to achieve is locking the housing against that central floating spiralled gear. Drill and loctite a couple of pins seems the simplest but it's full of oil at 100psi so the pin thru the housing needs to be sealed. Possibly just fill up every crevasse I can with devcon to lock the internals but I'd be worried about bits fracturing off over time and finding their way into an oil gallery?

I can't find any wen reference to looking this style of VVTi, just the earlier and simpler VVT?

I'll ponder some more before pulling it apart.

Looks good dude and I hear you on the pulling crap apart over and over. This week alone I've pulled apart, disassembled, reassembled and reinstalled my t56 magnum 4 times and still haven't fixed all the damage. Trans was Defective since day1 and last week the countershaft 4th gear finally broke and the shrapnel damaged a few teeth on other gears. Already replaced the countershaft ($500usd) and the 5th driven gear ($150usd) and now it looks like I need an input shaft ($300usd).

On the plus side it only takes me 20minutes to pull the trans. Engine takes around 3hrs to pull for me

I have 3 full CF mtn bikes (race duallie, all mountain duallie and race hard tail) in the other garage :) no motos though, just not something I ever got into for some reason?