Twin turbo UZ ST185

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Stock as a rock John...not even a short runner manifold on this one :) Just adding one of the manifolds i have used in the past would likely result in around 450rwkw @ the same boost based on past response to their addition.

Time will tell how long it'll last at that level though and i'll run it at the lower 14psi for 365rwkw most of time. I just wanted 400rwkw up my sleeve for a standing 1000m event in a coupla weeks where i'll be up against a heap of megadollar exotica....hoping to hose few lambos and ferrari's ;)

Yeah she goes good once i get her pointed straight....a bit tight that track for the front end geometry. It didn't help that i had hell sticky rubber on the back and the front wasn't coming up to temp...promising though as best grip i have ever had from the rear :)

Some pretty pictures for the masses ;)

New tyres are farking unreal for grip :) they rub....pretty badly :( but grip like you know what....even off the line they chatter a bit instead of just dissolving like most rubber does. 260x18x45
P1130672.jpg
I dialled in a bit more neg camber to help the guard clearance and better match the extreme front
P1130667.jpg
and the old girl still scrubs up OK
P1130668.jpg
and the 265x18x35 on the front :eek:
P1130669.jpg

Rainy day at the hillclimb but nearly pulled off a new PB and got into the 48's which was a bit of a surprise. The car was steering pretty well and if the rain had only stayed away for one for session :rolleyes: All good for next year i guess :)

Anyways, here's the vid....i think i clipped a ripple strip and dislodged the camera part way around..still busy on the wheel in sections as it was pretty greasy :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aCZTRGZFsY

So it's been a little while since i hit a long track and decided it would be fun to enter a Supersprint at Wakefield Park. My first ever Supersprint smile.png I was the fastest thing there with doors, coming 3rd outright behind a double entered Radical that did a blindingly quick 57!!!

I got the slicks on after lunch and straight into the 67's with a best of 1:07.65

Next session I was running on 4 cylinders as a plug lead burnt out :(

Went out the last session on waste gate boost (12psi) to try and tame it a bit but couldn't match my earlier time and had shocking ignition breakdown at full throttle. I'll ditch the aftermarket plug wires I think and revert back to stock wires.

Fun day and some great cars out there. A heap of cars under 1:10 so quite a challenging field. Will do again smile.png

Just saw the pics Justen - she's starting to look like a turbocharged skateboard with those new shoes :)

I hope that's some kind of Texan compliment John? ;)

I am actually at the point of converting it back to a street car to use as my daily. Kinda ironic seeing i finally have a built UZ to drop in it :rolleyes:

To make it any quicker will require irreversible mods and i'd lose the street use factor, which here in Oz is half the appeal and very difficult to build a car like this legally these days.

A new cheaper toy lined up for my trackwork fix :)

I hope that's some kind of Texan compliment John? ;)

A new cheaper toy lined up for my trackwork fix :)

Wouldn't have said it if it wasn't, mate :)

Did you write up the specs on your built motor somewhere? I'd be interested in reading them?

It's the VVTi engine that was for sale on here. Ross pistons, cunningham rods and fasteners (according to my remote camera ;)), ported VVTi heads, metal HG. That's it.

Should be good for 1000hp :)