Twin Turbo 1UZ 1970 Ford Capri street/strip car

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
you needed to take her for a ride in the car with an in car camera pointed appropriately ;)

tell me you at least got their numbers for "future promotional work"!!!

;) definitely needed to take them for a cruise, wish it was a Powercruise or Supernats event :D

one of the girls bf's or something was there. i think one of the boys still grabbed a number or something for them :p these girls were alot of fun, just a coincidence they were the same colour of the car. we were talking to the boys next to us, about maybe getting some promo girls for Jambo in QLD ;)

;) definitely needed to take them for a cruise, wish it was a Powercruise or Supernats event :D

one of the girls bf's or something was there. i think one of the boys still grabbed a number or something for them :p these girls were alot of fun, just a coincidence they were the same colour of the car. we were talking to the boys next to us, about maybe getting some promo girls for Jambo in QLD ;)

Don't just talk about it... Do it:p

One of my crew guys gf's is a " zoo magazine " model...
:cool:

But I'm not allowed to use her..

One of the 2 crew guys I told u about.....
In brissy

Pit area goes quiet when she walks in....

i like her already :p they have to be sexy and friendly. the 2 on the weekend we kept there for over 30 mins had a joke around n that with em were very nice. there was a good 10-12 taking photo's. everyone was well behaved, sort of ;)

i like her already :p they have to be sexy and friendly. the 2 on the weekend we kept there for over 30 mins had a joke around n that with em were very nice. there was a good 10-12 taking photo's. everyone was well behaved, sort of ;)

30 minutes?
Lol
I get whole day:cool:

got a set of radials for the Capri yesterday, will get the car to x275 trim this week and get out testing on the weekend. have to put all the metal panels back on, plus will be running a full exhaust with twin high flow cats, the exhaust is not a requirement for the rules but we need the weight, the minimum weight is 3200lbs, we want to sit around 3250lbs. in street trim with full exhaust and the pump E85 it has run a best of 8.42@164. we think 8.5-8.6 will be possible on the radials at that weight.

the radial tyre is alot heavier, with wheel and slick it's about 17kg, with radial it's 22kg. will see what happens, people are saying x275 will be a mid-high 8-sec class so we think we will be competitive.

2012-04-14131438.jpg
2012-04-14140506.jpg
2012-04-14140518.jpg

a must have for anyone on E85 for under $30 it is cheap insurance to know exactly what you are running
2012-04-14121603.jpg
the fuel and ethanol separate, tested a E98 batch we have, as you can see it separates and the fuel, lubricants etc float to the top leaving you with what % of ethanol is in there, this is around 97-98%. in the future we will be making a switch to a mix like this, should give us more power and torque
2012-04-14121319.jpg

the base motor for Project 1500, got a 1UZ engine and box for $400, not sure how many km's it has done. we will strip it down, get it all crack tested and make sure everything is to spec. Joe was talking to his engine builder the other day, he is building a NA 1UZ with 14:1 comp, he just finished porting the heads, they are flowing 340cfm with a 1 or 2mm oversize valve, he is chasing 600hp+ with the NA combo. just shows how much is left in the UZ heads, the heads on the Capri at the moment only flow around 290cfm. the new combo will still be made to be very streetable but also make the power when called upon, will be around 10:1 comp, bigger port, better intake manifold we are hoping to see 1500hp@35-40psi on E98 with twin Precision 62mm turbo's. we think think it is achieveable, it's making roughly 1150-1200hp@30psi now on the 8.5:1 CR bottom end. will still stay shim over bucket, Joe doesn't want to convert the new motor, very happy with shim over bucket can't go big lift or anything but will see what happens.
2012-04-14144942.jpg
2012-04-14144957.jpg
2012-04-14145007.jpg

Nah, shim over will never work
Aha not wrong..

You guys are giving those cylinder sleeves some testing !!
Lucky these engines don't wear bores too bad ..
Hopefully no over bore required ??
Atleast a small over bore with custom pistons...
Interesting to see where the weak points are ??When totally pushed with good tune etc..

Last edited:
i know :p

ash what's the go with the ANDRA radial front tyre rule? x275 rules say must run radial front and radial rear but ANDRA say no radial front quicker than 10.00?

need a good streetable front radial tyre.

I'll look tomorrow.
It's the speed rating on the radial tyres..like m or l. Stamped on the tyre
If its a racing tyre, it will be ok

U driven a car , with rags on rear , and radials on front?:confused:

Hey, I'm in Sydney this fri / sat
Can you pick me up in the Capri from the airport??
Lol

Last edited:
Aha not wrong..

You guys are giving those cylinder sleeves some testing !!
Lucky these engines don't wear bores too bad ..
Hopefully no over bore required ??
Atleast a small over bore with custom pistons...
Interesting to see where the weak points are ??When totally pushed with good tune etc..

we will possibly find them with the new engine :p i don't think this one is being pushed much further, i haven't had Joe say so i order new wastegate springs, so, i think he might be happy at 30psi now, if we start falling behind in x275 then we will throw some boost in. hopefully new engine starts within a few months.

I'll look tomorrow.
It's the speed rating on the radial tyres..like m or l. Stamped on the tyre
If its a racing tyre, it will be ok

U driven a car , with rags on rear , and radials on front?:confused:

Hey, I'm in Sydney this fri / sat
Can you pick me up in the Capri from the airport??
Lol

all good there is a clause further down saying all cars must follow ANDRA safety rules. so will run with current tyres.

car is currently at GrooveRyder's it's coming onto winter, Joe thought the engine might get a little cold so he is getting Groovy to make a lower engine containment device for it :) where u going to be staying? if weather is good we are racing Saturday, when u going 22nd?

we will possibly find them with the new engine :p i don't think this one is being pushed much further, i haven't had Joe say so i order new wastegate springs, so, i think he might be happy at 30psi now, if we start falling behind in x275 then we will throw some boost in. hopefully new engine starts within a few months.

all good there is a clause further down saying all cars must follow ANDRA safety rules. so will run with current tyres.

car is currently at GrooveRyder's it's coming onto winter, Joe thought the engine might get a little cold so he is getting Groovy to make a lower engine containment device for it :) where u going to be staying? if weather is good we are racing Saturday, when u going 22nd?
Wedding Saturday
Fly Sunday 22nd

we took the car out for a hit @ WSID on Saturday. the car is now APSA x275 legal, weighed in 3220lbs. running full exhaust and 170lbs heavier than it's normal race weight. we only got 3 passes in, but, we were pretty happy with what it has done on it's first time out on radials, main thing was to get the launch right and it seems to be leaving the line very well. made a little video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-ODlOTc7-U and from the stands http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_aYDZlaEwc the car is a different beast with the exhaust on, full length pipes and 2 cats, it is soooo quiet. still on the United E85 pump fuel.

the tune is not 100% right and the converter is loose 7600-7800rpm, we want it locking up around 7000rpm, it seemed to work best around there. in the first pass from the stand, you can barely notice the change. we need to get onto Neal Chance and get another stator. also need to get new wastegate springs, hasn't moved off 30psi for around a year now, it's hard to improve when you got no more boost :p

she ran
8.53@161 1.38 60'
8.49@162 1.39 60'
8.42@162 1.36 60'

Great to see you guys have finally made the switch into the radial world. And to watch that video, you can barely even tell the difference.

Can definitely call it a streetcar now it's running the radials, full exhaust and pump fuel.

The new X275 class certainly seems to be gaining a lot of popularity. Was an awesome bracket to watch at the Willowbank round.

Great to see you guys have finally made the switch into the radial world. And to watch that video, you can barely even tell the difference.

Can definitely call it a streetcar now it's running the radials, full exhaust and pump fuel.

The new X275 class certainly seems to be gaining a lot of popularity. Was an awesome bracket to watch at the Willowbank round.

thanks mate, yeah she is definitely happy with the radial, we have a few more things to try and see how it goes. was happy we got it sorted from the get-go, we weren't expecting to get everything right on the first pass, listening and talking to the right people certainly helped.

yeah she is a true street car now, leaf spring suspension, radial tyre, full exhaust we love it.

Last edited: