Turbo SC400 Wont Rev past 4000 RPM HELP!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

CarlosR347

Hey guys i went Turbo and 5Speed on my SC400 and I recently installed an AEM FIC8, but the car is in limp mode (im guessing) once it reaches 3800-4000 it back fires and its like it starves for fuel, my AEM wideband shows my AFR go from 13.8 (2k) 14(3.1k) 15(3.5k) 17(3.8k) and --- at 4K so its like it runs out of fuel, so the first thing i did was up the fuel real quick and even at 99% increase at the 3.5-4k range it did the same thing.. i started it in the morning and was hard to start and then in the afternoon it wouldnt even start.. i jumped E1-TE1 and the codes were a bit erratic but i think it gave me code 12, it would flash once and then twice really fast, I recently had redone my Cam/Crank sensor harness to the nearest connector and everything was fine.. I install the FIC and i get this problem, I even tried running it N/A thinking maybe the Turbo was causing it, and still the same issue..:confused: Any helps would be great guys thanks!

are you 100% sure you wired the FIC correctly? There's a lot of cams/crank wires. I know cause I always get confused on which wires go where.

I haven't check fuel pressure but it doesn't even reach 1psi and it also does it with the boost pipe off

If it does it with or without boost, then it's even more important to check that you're getting good fuel pressure to the rail.

Sometimes in this age of EFI and computers running our cars we forget to check the basics......

I've been super busy lately I go to two schools plus nite school and I'm training for a bodybuilding show next week so I'm booked lol.. but tomorrow Thursday Ima go ahead and start troubleshooting this thing I really hope its just a fuel pressure issue cause I hate electronics lol

Seems like fuel supply by the way it leans out..
Does the original ECU have a voltage regulator for the fuel pump ??
Seems it's NOT getting enough voltage ???
Or there's issues with fuel pump, filter or fuel reg ???
DON'T boost it with AFR's higher than 12.5 till it's atleast tuned..
Check plug gap ?? Etc...

Seems like fuel supply by the way it leans out..
Does the original ECU have a voltage regulator for the fuel pump ??
Seems it's NOT getting enough voltage ???
Or there's issues with fuel pump, filter or fuel reg ???
DON'T boost it with AFR's higher than 12.5 till it's atleast tuned..
Check plug gap ?? Etc...

im really hoping its fuel.. i havent had a chance to look at the car im going to do so today.. and what is an optimum AFR for while its building boost and while its under boost? keep in mind i have a stock engine stock head gaskets and head bolts, and when I should start pulling timing and at what rate, Thanks!

So there i was taking a spark plug out to start trouble shooting and i noticed the connector plug (EC1 i think) had a wire that had backed out of the actual plug, I was like you SOB i shoved it back in and it fired right up.. thank god, now it revs pass 4k but i have super unstable AFR anywere under 2800rpm im thinking its vacuum leak after the MAF.. so today ima re seal the EGR block plate and other flanges going to the manifold and make sure its all sealed up, hope that fixes the problem i cant wait to start tuning and boosting :rolleyes:.. i still havent checked Fuel pressure i dont have the tooling for that yet.. gotta ask around gert one loaned i got freinds at autozone and advance auto haha ;)..
Im looking into getting an AFPR i had gotten an ebay one that failed internally and was leaking fuel into the Intake Manifold what a POS:mad:

This happens so often here.......

It really seems that 90% of people's problems in swaps are because of faulty connections.