Tuning VVTI engine with VVTI off

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

odelarosa

Greetings, I just installed a programmable ecu in my 1998 engine (vvti) but this ecu only has support for 1 variable valve (and it has only been tested with the miatas), I would like to know how many HP I could lose due to the vvt system not it is working, it is a completely stock motor configured in Bach Fire.

the idea is to make it turbo later, however it will last a while N / A

Ok, and could I use the factory ecu to control the vvti? I really made the change because the car had many electrical problems and I wanted to start learning about automotive electronics, but I don't know if the change I made to the ecu was so good, my engine has a toyota w58 transmission, the mods that I plan to put on it are: 1uz 1989 engine vielas, 7M engine injectors and a Chinese turbo A / R .70 3T.

Any solution other than using the factory ecu? I've also heard that vvts don't work when you put a mechanical transmission on it unless you put a russian-made device that emulates the signals of the automatic transmission.

Ok, and could I use the factory ecu to control the vvti? I really made the change because the car had many electrical problems and I wanted to start learning about automotive electronics, but I don't know if the change I made to the ecu was so good, my engine has a toyota w58 transmission, the mods that I plan to put on it are: 1uz 1989 engine vielas, 7M engine injectors and a Chinese turbo A / R .70 3T.

Any solution other than using the factory ecu? I've also heard that vvts don't work when you put a mechanical transmission on it unless you put a russian-made device that emulates the signals of the automatic transmission.

Putting a more suitable ecu onto it would be my better option.