TT 1UZ-FE update

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rdm20fan

Hi Guys,
I had a few updates that I thought I would share.

I took my 93 SC400 to the track yesterday (6-3-14)
I did about 6 runs
ET range from a 13.0 - 12.5
and my MPH ranged from 119 - 126 mph
the 119-122 mph was at 18 psi
and the 126 was at 20 psi

I still have to upload the videos to youtube, but here is one my buddy took.

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Q3z1LsxMo&feature=youtu.be[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]According to Great Lakes Dragaway's HP Calculator I put in 3800lbs with me as driver and trap speed of 126.6 and it's giving me a net HP of 601 :)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]That made me pretty happy. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/index.php?page=analyzers[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]I'll try and post photos of the time slips, and videos [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Car has 1st gen 1UZ, Stock heads & Cams. Upgraded springs. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Ross Pistons W/Pauter rods.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]ARP[/FONT][/FONT] head studs.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Stock ECU and additional injector controller 16 fuel injectors.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]CM Racing twin turbo kit. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Getrag[/FONT][/FONT] 6-speed[/FONT]

Hey Guys, thanks for all the nice comments!
:)

Nice power!

If you had it set up for drag racing it should go 11s

Thanks JBrady, You're probably right. I went to the track with a buddy and his GTR. He was running very consistently 11.2's at 125.
He was kind of upset when my SC pulled off the 126.7MPH ;-)

Congrats to one of the oldtimers here who's still apparently going strong!

Thanks Cribbj, I haven't been on the forums that much, but I'm still chugging away. Takes time n $$ to finish the car. Since I don't have any money I guess it's taking a little extra time. LOL

Just watched the video, sounds like you have serious traction issues. Spinning into 3rd a little I think.

Good job BTW!

Thanks KC. a couple issues with the 60 foot. First I'm still a little affraid of breaking her. It wheel hops pretty bad. That and the low profile tires are not the right set up. (Plus I have it so low to the ground) I was babying it off the line.

I have a getrag 6-speed. The final gear in the 6-speed was a 3.19 (I think)
I'm still running the stock 3.96 with the torsen diff. It's a lot of gear. 1st is a joke.

you guys have any susgestions for wheel hop?

My goal that day was 120MPH I wasn't focused on ET at all.
First run I missed 4th, then hit the rev limiter in 5th as it took me off guard that I had to shift into 6th. The car ran 119.9mph
After that I just kept creeping up the boost.
thought a 1UZ at 20psi was something exciting to post on here too.

I have rims n tires. just gotta mount them up, and get time to head back out.
Worried about the driveshaft.

Gonna freak out some supra's
lets see a 2JZ run 126mph on 20 psi ;-)

Don't know If you guys remember, but I'm running a unique fuel set up.

I have 2 fuel systems.
I'm still running the stock fuel system, and stock ECU. (Running 93 octane) This takes care of the drive-abilty start up.

I have a second fuel system (Tank, pump, lines, rails, and injectors) this system comes on at boost, and adds fuel only under boost.
I'm running 800cc injectors on the second system with E85.
The motor really seems to love the E86. Drops the water temp, and she pulls hard once that E85 starts spraying.

Don't know If you guys remember, but I'm running a unique fuel set up.

I have 2 fuel systems.
I'm still running the stock fuel system, and stock ECU. (Running 93 octane) This takes care of the drive-abilty start up.

I have a second fuel system (Tank, pump, lines, rails, and injectors) this system comes on at boost, and adds fuel only under boost.
I'm running 800cc injectors on the second system with E85.
The motor really seems to love the E86. Drops the water temp, and she pulls hard once that E85 starts spraying.

I have always thought a dual fuel system was a great way to go. Stand alone systems almost never deliver the level of drivability and efficiency that the stock system does and street cars spend a very SMALL amount of total time under boost. Just make CERTAIN to not go into rev limit fuel cut without adequate additional fuel. That and some way to retard ignition timing would be even better.

I'm currently running stock timing. I guess I'm relying on the E85 for pre-ignition/detonation. So far I havn't seen any signs. 20PSI stock timing, and stock ECU.
I am running lower compression then I would have liked 8.4:1
for right now the power level I'm at seems good, but I'll probably keep turning the boost up a little until I run into something.

Took the SC400 back to the track last Wednesday 7-16-14 I had a set of Mickey Thompson ET's on the back. Although my ET did go down, it went down just a little.
I had a pretty hard time getting the car to launch. Still a lot of wheel spin, and wheel hop.
I just purchased used Supra springs n struts in the hopes of getting the car to squat a little better then the stuff I have on the car now.
My MPH did take a pretty good jump.
The car ran a 12.20 @ 132 MPH and I had to lift for a second in 4th.
I did this at 23 psi. Think I needed to let a little bit of air out of the tires, as i was running them at 20 psi
I had a hard time keeping the car on the track.
I did up the boost to 25 psi, but I couldn't stay in the gas. The car was all over the track, and I was having to list 2 to 3 times in the 2 runs I did at the higher PSI.

I was on Dragtimes.com, and I currently have the highest MPH, but still chasing an 11 sec ET

Yeah, the 25 psi it's the most I've ever put to the motor. She has good rods n pistons. MLS head gasket, and ARP head studs.
I'm not sure where I want to push her to yet. 120MPH was my goal for the year, and it did that right away. I'm pass 130, and not sure how high I want to push the psi and the motor.
Right now I'm trying to work on traction. Maybe a low 11, or even a 10 sec run is in the car.

I took my TT SC400 back to the track last Friday (8-15-14)
I put the Supra shocks n struts on the car, along with the MT ET Drags.
The car ran an 11.78@129 MPH with a 1.88 60 Foot.
My clutch is pretty aggressive, so It's difficult to slip the clutch to stay in the power band. The motor bogs pretty hard once the clutch grabs.
According to www.DragTimes.com that makes this the quickest, and Fastest SC400
Well as least as a street car I'm guessing.

80-image_bed3d67b55f3a7cd255f108e8010ad48f2884fc2.jpg

80-image_cc55d02708baf4543998c59a2ab203e18b019deb.jpg

Solid mph, nice.

Thanks Justin.
Chris has a goal of trying to push the car to 140mph in the 1/4 mile before the year is up.
I don't know. That is going to be a lot for the motor.
Probably close to or over 30psi.
If the car weighs 3600 lbs with me, I think thats close to 650hp at the tires to hit 132mph I did in the 1/4
140 is 750-770ish hp almost 800hp at the tires to hit that MPH
Thats putting the motor close to 1000.
That number scares me a little.

Thanks Justin.
Chris has a goal of trying to push the car to 140mph in the 1/4 mile before the year is up.
I don't know. That is going to be a lot for the motor.
Probably close to or over 30psi.
If the car weighs 3600 lbs with me, I think thats close to 650hp at the tires to hit 132mph I did in the 1/4
140 is 750-770ish hp almost 800hp at the tires to hit that MPH
Thats putting the motor close to 1000.
That number scares me a little.

It will do it, it only needs to make around 800hp@engine to run 140mph in a 3600lb car, a friend was making 680rwhp manual in his 2JZ Supra weighed 3620lbs went 141mph. You shouldn't see any issues pumping in 30psi especially if the bottom end is built. What turbos are you running?