'trophy' taco

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

supras_own_u

hey guys im new here and i want to get a toyota truck (late 80s early 90s) and long travel it. since this truck will see a lot of hard miles in the sand i want a better powerplant. the 1uz has caught my attention and i know people have swapped them into tacomas but i was just wondering how much it would upset the balance of the truck. basically what i want to know is who has done a similar swap and what were your results? how much heavier is the 22r vs the 1uz? how difficult was the swap? what tranny did you use?

I hav a 2wd tacoma/hilux (aussie trucks have pre 95 type suspension) with 1uz 2" body lift 30x9.5 muddies, I launched mine on the weekend in the sand and didnt even notice it was airbourne, while trying to get away from the boggy stuff I picked a line ,1st gear an nailed it an hit this small hump an thought "this is allright" got back to firm ground an my missus ( who wasnt brave enuf to stay in car) said "you should of seen that, you were a foot of the ground" so I went for a look and 12 foot of no tire marks, funny that I didnt even notice, so I guess balance was ok, it must of landed even, of course yours will be a lot different with the mods, mine is stock otherwise, the 1uz is so flexible with an awsome rev range, truck sat 1/2" higher with 1uz, it had a 3rz