Track celsior needs suspension help!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I tracked my celsior for the first time tonight (post video soon) and I need to improve on suspension.

I have Megan coils, dampers at 4/4 Im thinking 3/5 since there is no weight in the rear

Car weighs 1740kg with driver

It used to have air suspension so the rear sway bar is very small. Anyway to fit a thicker one?

It oversteers slightly.
Anyone have suggestions for this car?

addco makes a rear sway for the early ls but not the front. If you havent relocated the battery yet, moutning it at the bottom of the spare tire well really improves the weight distribution.

Thanks as always SPF.

I've considered relocating the battery but, to track the car you must have a kill switch visible on the trunk if youve moved your battery. I think having a knob on my trunk would ruin my VIP look :D

I wish there was a sticky for weight reduction that can be done on these cars. Im shooting for 3600lbs. Currently the car is 3830. Most of the weight was taken from the back. The trunk no longer has anything but wires. All AC and hydraulic fan components have been removed. Air compressor, charcoal canister, and washer res. have also been dropped. Seats are on order. Have I over looked any thing? I'd like to keep heat, I do live in Canada.

Unfortunately there is no video, but here is a pic to proove they're not all show...
5879977822_cd7513cde1_b.jpg

No Worries Armed,

very nice shot! I love seeing people really pushing the LS. If your cool with not having an all-out stereo, you can take out another 25+lb through removing thre sound deadening thats underneath the carpeting. Also, a full exhaust when done right can shed a solid 45lb as well. I know you mentioned seats on the way.. this is the biggest source of dead weight. I had corbeau seats in my LS and after weighing everything I noticed about 85lb saved over stock. Also, the windhsield washer bottle is around 25lb when full of wiper fluid. Project looks good.

Good to see some track work happening!

get some more track friendly wheels 18's at least and tires that are the right width

Then find somewhere that makes custom bars and get the stock ones copied in solid bar if they are tube or if solid add about 10mm

WFD2E-00017.jpg

No Worries Armed,

very nice shot! I love seeing people really pushing the LS. If your cool with not having an all-out stereo, you can take out another 25+lb through removing thre sound deadening thats underneath the carpeting. Also, a full exhaust when done right can shed a solid 45lb as well. I know you mentioned seats on the way.. this is the biggest source of dead weight. I had corbeau seats in my LS and after weighing everything I noticed about 85lb saved over stock. Also, the windhsield washer bottle is around 25lb when full of wiper fluid. Project looks good.

I had no idea there was that much sound deadening in this car. I'll start chipping it out this week.

The car currently has full mandrel 2.25" with cat delete.

Washer resivoir was already removed, and yes there is a lot of weight there.

I would really like to remove the nitrogen assisted brakes if there was a compatible brake booster that would work with the car.

Its sad to think its already at it limits of weight reduction.

Good to see some track work happening!

get some more track friendly wheels 18's at least and tires that are the right width

Then find somewhere that makes custom bars and get the stock ones copied in solid bar if they are tube or if solid add about 10mm

The wheels i have are already 18x8/9 with decent street tires. Ive considered down sizing to a 17" for less rotating mass, but i would also like a wider tread.

I just ordered the Addco bar SPF mentioned. It would be nice to have one for the front too, but a strut tower bar can be found for less than what it would cost to make a sway bar.

wow ok those tires look tiny on those rims in the photo! mine runs 18x9 all round with 275/35 rubber (Nitto Invo's)

a strut tower bar will also do a whole lot less then a sway bar will

size up a MX83 cressida front sway bar it might be a close fit and there are a few aftermarket options for them

If you need a strut bar, any sturt bar for the MKIV supra will fit. I have a carbon fiber JIC bar on my LS but the description a said supra 93-98 on their site. Congrats on ordering the rear sway, it makes a huge improvement over stock... it takes 75% of the body roll out of the rear of the car. You can stiffen up the F+R some more by making some custom end links. For the rear, simply thread a male into a female rod end and presto, rear end links. For the fronts, use 2 male rod ends, and tap threads into a piece of steel pipe and presto, front rod ends.

I was just thinking, since you dont want to relocate the battery due to the kill switch issue, you can get away with a MUCH smaller battery if kept under the hood. If your not running several amplifiers or anything with real drain i.e. (the 20' of cable to relocate), you can get away with a Braille or odessey or dynabatt racing battery and save a good 25lb. I have a friend w/ a 5.7L dodge ram using a tiny Braille and it works great.

Thats all I can come up with, the LS is a heavy car, but the chassis is very capable when stiffened up. If your really looking to go all out.. a 4.27" final drive from an SC with an LSD would really help but requires modding the sub frame with new diff mounts.

Thanks, ill check into the cressy sway bar. Finding one might be difficult here tho...

Any interest in selling that strut bar SPF?

I'm not sure I follow you on the end links, but once I get in there it will probably make more sense. A battery is definitely a good idea. I dont even have sound right now. I pulled my OEM touch screen and havent had time to figure out the wiring for the radio.

As for final drive, I really dont want to mess up my top speed since its already limited to 180km. Ive only really considered getting a cusco lsd for it but $2500 buys a lot of other preformance parts.