TPS and Knock Sensor Pinout Question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Drift99

Hey guys. Im about to wire up my safc2 on my 92 1uz and would like someone to confirm ive got my pinouts right. I ask because there are more then one of the same pins. I found two pins for Knock Sensor E9-3 and E9-11. Also two pins for TPS E9-1 and E10-4. Im not sure if I should "Y" the two TPS pins together? Same with the Knock sensors?
There is also a pin thats says TPS/Air Flow Meter which is E10-11. I guess I shouldnt need to use that i assume?
Wiring is not my thing. I would really appreciate if someone could take a few minutes to go over this for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
you ain't need the 2nd (electric motor driven) tps as it's solely used by traction control ecu
don't mix the left and right knock sensors though as the results would be unpredictable (other than the car not driving normally)

Both VTA1 and IDL1 go to main TPS (cable driven). Knock sensors, you should use both . KNK1 goes to driver side (LHD) sensor

No
There're 2 knock sensors, each needs its own separate wire. One goes to KNK1 and the other to KNK2. Connecting KNK1 and KNK2 together will lead to unpredictable results

Main and sub TPS both have equal pinouts as I can recall. Each of them must have 4 wires: power, earth, sensor output (VTA) and closed throttle detector (IDL).

You only need to connect main TPS. All 4 pins of it. But don't touch the 4 pins of sub TPS

Alright so I guess I will need to try hooking my safc2 to one of the knock sensors and see what happens. The safc2 only has one wire for knock.

The safc2 has only 2 wires related to TPS (one wire being TPS-in and the other TPS-out). I guess I will wire TPS using VTA1 and see what happens.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas. I really appreciate your time/help Geore.

Here is a diagram of the safc2

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, use any knock sensor. It will be ok unless there's some fault in only one bank
As for TPS, use VTA1 only.

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Only thing im not certain about is the power wire. I was going to wire to pin E11-26 BATTERY but after a bit of reading, i found out its constant for memory. Any idea what pin I can use for power?
Thanks a bunch

BATT is constant
IGSW is ignition barrel output (intermittent)
+B,+B1 is main relay output (intermittent with delayed shutdown)