toyotav8.com's R154 to 1uz adaptor install

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hello,
I see that you are very familiar with 1uz/r154 conversions and I am wondering if you know how much clearance there is between the auto bellhousing and transmission tunnel on the sc400?
The reason I ask is because I wonder if my r154 hydraulic issues are related to the bleed line exiting the top center of the bellhousing getting kinked between bellhousing and transmission tunnel.
Or if it could possibly be that I need a clutch master cylinder with a 3/4" bore for the tilton 61-400 tob? Because currently the clutch pedal is too soft for my liking

Thanks
Charley

because photobucket broken links suck ;)
(not my kit, but I wanted to see the pics in context)

First off here's the t56 throwout bearing

MWWZzpw.png

On the left hand side it has a slip fitting that is retained by a roll pin

Wl6vVxa.png

remove the roll pin and the big orange gm fitting slides right out.
Go ahead and toss this piece as it's useless for this swap.

xHTgsZa.png

now use the slip fitting that came with the kit and slide it into the t56 throwout bearing.
Then replace the roll pin.

71T5UNh.png

ENqGcLm.png

now remove the fitting on the other side and replace with the fitting that's shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard with a crush washer and be sure to use the crush washer or else IT WILL LEAK!!!

BqyLJo8.png

rOrjJ6r.png

Now you're done with setting up the t56 bearing for use with the braided steel clutch lines.

Chapter II
Unfortunately I do not have any pics right this second for this section. But I'll post the instructions now and the pics later.

Basically you cut the guide tube that's on the bearing retaining plate off flush with the plate.

CHAPTER III

Remove and toss all of this stuff from the automatic.
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE THE SPACER FOR THE AUTOMATIC FLEXPLATE BEHIND THE FLYWHEEL!!!!!!
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RE-USE THE FLYWHEEL BOLTS FROM THE AUTOMATIC FLEXPLATE!!!!!

IDkpq3I.png

Now here's the back of the crank. Your pilot bearing goes in here.

O0XBH6k.png

next install the flywheel with your new flywheel bolts that you just bought. You should probably get them from summit racing.
here's the link http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-203-2802/

HUOjCET.png

and here's the flywheel installed with the ARP bolts I bought from summit.

DsAtKoV.png

Install your clutch
With the cast flywheel there are several options for clutch setups. Typically I suggest either using the 3SGTE MR2 21 spline clutch kit or the 1990 4runner clutch kit because both clutches work complete as a set with this flywheel.

uO9ekaw.png

Install your pressure plate, and now you're engine is prepped for install!

CHAPTER IV

fAOcVm9.png

Once again I'm a little short on pictures, but basically you drill two holes for your clutch lines to go out the bellhousing and then bolt everything together Like so.

BSuUKT3.png

Now that you've accomplished bolting it together you're done.