Toyota thinks I am crazy

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cjsupra90

So I called Toyota North America Corp. office a few minutes ago and they think that I am nuts. I asked if there was anyway to order a new X-Runner without a motor of trans. There was a short pause on the phone, then the guy asked my "Why would you want to do that?" and I proceded to tell him that I was going to build it the way that Toyota should have putting a 6sp manual and a V8 of the (Toyota / Lexus variety) in it. The guy laughed and said that I was crazy to think that it could even fit or Toyota would have done it themselves. So needless to say, i told the guy that I guaranty that I could put it in there and make it look 100% Factory. The funniest thing was then guy laughed and just said "not possible, it will not fit." So I said to him, so whether or not it will fit, can I somehow order one without the motor or trans, yes or no (which I already knew that he was going to say no)?

I still cant get over the fact that all he could do was laugh and tell me that it wouldn't fit or Toyota would have done it.

So looks like its time to buy one and do it, but the hard part is, do I do it with a UZ engine or a new UR engine? Im thinking UZ just to keep the cost down a bit. What do you'll think?

Does anyone happen to know what the tranny is that is in them? I know that it is a 6sp from the factory, but Im curious as to make and gearing if anyone knows by chance

I heard some place in California you can get a Toyota without the drivetrain. I need to ask my friend again. The guy you talked to doesn't know jack. He has no passion for Toyota, he is just a guy that clock in and clock out to get a pay check. Our average members in this forum know more than an average mechanic and knows way more then most Toyota Employee. I think the engineers and designer might know more then us, but the rest they read this site for info.

Yeah I agree on the lack of passion for toyota part 100%.

Yeah, if you can get me info about a possible way of getting it without drivtrain, that would be great.

One other thing that just came to mind is, I wonder if the IS 350 3.5L V6 is the same engine family as the 4.0L V6 in the Tocoma's. If so, then that motor should be a direct bolt in and although roughly the same peak torque output between the two, the 3.5L has a lot more top end so therefore would make for a better all around package.... Time for a little more research into the two V6's also...

did ya tell him that the engine would fit in a 1970's Corolla? and ask why toyota didn't use that engine in those cars then? :p lol

did ya tell him that the engine would fit in a 1970's Corolla? and ask why toyota didn't use that engine in those cars then? :p lol

No, sorry, forgot that one, but then again, I can already answer that one. The engine didn't exist........ (no, not trying to ass, just some good old sarcasum :wink: ) but I am sure that he would have been an ass if asked...

Doesn't the new 4 runners come with the 4.7L motor? What's the difference between the x runner and the 4 runner?....

I know you can buy each and every part to build that new Toyota truck thru the Toyota parts department...However, that may cost you close to $300,000.... Not kidding either....

Try calling the salvage yards, wrecking yards, insurance salvages, etc....there's gotta be a few of those that have been in front end accidents, no? Save alot of money going in that direction...Just make sure you find one with a straight sub frame....

Just a few ideas I am trying to throw out there....

And now you have half the reason on why there is no new Supra. "Why would you want that?", pretty much sums it up.

Yeah, the toyota dealerships around here used to think I was crazy....now they just bow down and know NEVER argue with me.

Speaking of which, anybody know how much a 1UR longblock would cost from the factory?

1UR? Alot... I would estimate about $15,000 to $20,000 at least.

Attachments

• picture 1.JPG
    picture 1.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 4
  • picture 2.JPG
    picture 2.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Picture 3.JPG
    Picture 3.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture 4.JPG
    Picture 4.JPG