Seller Feedback Toyota Dlrship vs Lexus vs Lexuspartsonline

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ABDULLAH D AFGHAN

This has probably been discussed and is very obvious but it made me laugh.
I recently changed the Tranny Fluid on LS400. The Drain plug didnt have a gasket so to make a long story short it was leaking and I needed part #35178-50010 now known as 35178-30010. Its just a lil tiny washer/gasket. The internet site said $1.88. the toyota dealership says $3.44 lol ok here is the funny part, the Lexus dealership here said $11.00. I asked the guy to double check because that didnt sound right and he double checked and said it was really $11.00.

<- ES 300, which is the Toyota Windom in a USA'ized, which itself is a super re-trimmed large JDM Toyota Camry.
Lexus usually charges a 3-6x markup in price & $90-115usd labor VS Toyota's $60-75usd labor charge.

Price of having an ES regular service @ a Lexus dealer is $75-120usd. Toyota is $20-40.

What can you say? Some people like pissing in marble lined bathrooms.

Oh & Best thing ever, Toyota's rear main seals are almost universal going back $30 years, but sometimes there's a $15 price differance between them based on what engine/vehicle you own LMAO! :)

yeah but with a marble pisser ur paying for the marble. this part is the exact same part. its not made of Gold or anything like that. its the exact same thing only they sell it for $9.00usd more. Thats the funny part. I read some where on Wikipedia that the Lexus brand is Toyotas most profitible line.

Yes. It's very normal for Lexus to mark up the prices if you can find the exact part from other aftermarket parts or genuine Toyota parts. Don't be pissed, although we all should be. The reason is that Toyota didn't have the line Lexus for nothing. That's why you can find Lexus engines in many Toyota cars. For instance, the Lexus SC300 engine in a non-turbo Supra, the ES in the Avalon if I'm not mistaken, and many other Supra parts that are interchangeable with the Lexus SC. Some Supra parts are even more superior than the SC. It sounds very ridiculous but that's the way Toyota makes profits.

"""And 1 funny thing is many Lexus owners don't know or believe this. That's why they keep wasting $$ by giving their Lexus to the Lexus dealers for repairs, while they can get the same services & parts from Toyota. You can rarely see a Lexus in a Toyota dealer but never a Toyota in a Lexus dealer...

I never do this but you can test it further by trying to get the same bolt/nut from a Lexus and Toyota. For example, the header nut. It's a 14 mm lock nut.

99% of all lexi's in the world still have parts visable stamped with Toyota.
They didn't even change the glass logo until the late 90's.