to boost a 3uzfe vvti or not ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

3barboost

all righty broad question for sure - some background

I know the early motors are stronger - I had one in a previous project with a bullet supercharger kit on it

I am leaning towards a 3uzfe vvti for the heads / intake manifold and small increase in capacity

it will be mated to a manual box / headers (not oem log manifold but custom) / ecu etc

I live at altitude - atmo pressure is .83 so .5 bar boost would only be 1.3 bar absolute pressure whereas at sea level .5bar boost would be 1.5bar absolute pressure

so we down about 17 percent in power due to altitude and boost is an easy replacement....

so if the oem motor does 416nm at sea level we would be at 350 odd nm here
so could the weak rod motor handle .5 bar boost for absolute pressure of 1.3 bar ?

ie aiming for 600 to 700nm at the crank - based on the motor being capable of 105nm/l

I have seen some people run 10psi (0.7bar) at sea level and thats more pressure than I think is safe

I would like 550 nm at the tyres at least - top end kilowatt and high revs are not my goal - you live between 2500 and 5500 rpm when driving and thats where i want the newtons

I dont really want to do the rods and build the motor - would rather then find an old 1uzfe and do throttle bodies and a plenum and valve springs and call it a day

so which route to choose ?

3uzfe vvti running 1.3 bar absolute (0.5 on the gauge) / headers / ecu / single gt35 or gt40 turbo with external gate

old old fat rod 1uzfe running 1.7 bar absolute (0.5 on the gauge)/ different intake manifold (I absolutely hate that side entry manifold) / headers / ecu / valve springs / gt35 or gt40 turbo with external gate

or should i just build the 3uzfe ?
cost of doing the manifold on the older motor is about half the price as doing the rods / gaskets etc on the 3uzfe

If i go with an unopened 3uzfe what will die first ? headgasket or rods ?