Ti Pistons

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I have a company I am dealing in China. They can make Titanium Pistons for me. What do u guys think of this? Workable? Pros and Cons?

Titanium would be at least 1/3rd lighter than aluminium.

Tit is much harder than aluminium so should withstand heat better and should survive detonation better.

not worried about the heat. Forged alum pistons can handle more than any of use would throw at them as long as you have a proper tune.

The only advantage of TI if lighter is for higher revs.

Ti pistons have been around since the 70's....i'm no metalurgist but if they haven't found a common application, even in F1, there has to be a reason? and it has to be more than simply cost.

the big problem would be that Titanium (depending on alloy, but they all do it some) will scar other metals they come into contact with. Titanium rods use slightly different bearings to prevent the shoulders of the rods big end from contacting the crank. Problem I see with Ti pistons is that they would eat up iron liners. But maybe its some new alloy.....?

let me rephrase that...maybe there is a alloy im unaware of that does not scar other metals, im no expert by any means.

Last edited:
there is no loyalty in business with the chinese companies. They are very very difficult to setup a professional relationship. I've been screwed over a few bucks two or three times. I wouldn't bother. Today they sell to you, tomorrow they sell your design to someone else who will put it on ebay.

there is no loyalty in business with the chinese companies. They are very very difficult to setup a professional relationship. I've been screwed over a few bucks two or three times. I wouldn't bother. Today they sell to you, tomorrow they sell your design to someone else who will put it on ebay.

That is true. However, I never tell them what they are for. I made my rods that way too. Second way of doing things you utilize two companies for one pair of things. One example would be headers. Company A make Left and Company B make Right.