THE MOST POWERFUL V8 PRODUCTION MOTOR 6.3L E55 AMG VS sc400 400hp(nos)?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibby

I think I am in trouble fellas, I have a friends older brother whom owns and drives the stock E55 AMG the so called most power production V8 motor made to date so he says. He wants to meet me Saturday afternoon for a go 0-100. Winner gets Laker tickets on Christmas day. I fear I may get smoked, I am going to show up with a freshly charged and heated nos bottle, may even through in some octane boost, I am trying to get some new fatter tires on my rims tomarrow, this is serious, those two tickets are bank!!!.

I told him I will beat him because his car weighs a ton and I can stay with new vettes and you have no chance. I have wanted to race one for a while but after I just read up on this monster I am frightened and fear I may be beat and beat badly. Do I a stand a chance? I can barely beat out an M3 BMW, I can stay with a new vette once we get going, but will get housed off the line by one. Should I show up or flake? Here is a pic of the 500hp 6.3liter worlds most powerful V8 motor. These cars way a ton, I am hoping that might weigh in my advantage. What should I do?

If you get smoked just ask how much his car cost, HP per $ I'm sure your the winner.
Have fun but be safe and consider where you race.

This will be in the valley on an empty road near an airport or something, I am going to go for it, I just charged my 10lb nos bottles to the max, I am going to run high octane race gas which is serviced near me in Malibu, 101 or 103 octane at 6$ a gallon, I will removing the spare tire, new fat rear tires tomarrow. This is my first planned race and I am excited, I have a half hour drive to get their on Saturday and that is all the time I need to really heat up that nos bottle in my trunk to around 1400psi..

With a dry nos system the more pressure the more power it is that simple. I estimate at that pressure I put out around 125-150hp more with the nos no exaggerating either and with that I will definetly be pushing well over 400hp and I may win, as long as I don't experience any untimely tranny shifts which sometimes happen or don't get to excited and hit the nos early then my rear wheels will just spinout like crazy and I will go no where. If any one is reading and interested I will post results on Saturday and bring my digital camera to show pics after. late-
My torque converter and LSD should keep me close at start this should be a good one!!!!!

What is strang is I go google search and type "the worlds most powerful v8 engine" and the 2006 AMG 6.3 liter, 510hp shows up. Then I search "E55 AMG" and says 5.5Liter, 476hp, 12.4 in the quarter. I wonder which one I would be racing? Here is another generic pic and it looks mean!!!! I may have to sleep on this one.

"I told him I will beat him because his car weighs a ton and I can stay with new vettes and you have no chance. I have wanted to race one for a while but after I just read up on this monster I am frightened and fear I may be beat and beat badly. Do I a stand a chance? I can barely beat out an M3 BMW, I can stay with a new vette once we get going, but will get housed off the line by one. Should I show up or flake? Here is a pic "

Ok your post has me confused, a new vette will eat a M3 and you stay with vette's and barely beat M3's? New Vette c6=400/400 hp/trq easy low 12 car at worse mid, M3 =333hp mid 13's possibly low. The E55 iteration you are against if it's a new one is 479 or so hp and about the same if not better in torque. Yes he is heavy but it's an auto which is made gear wise to match the power and is easily a mid 12 car. Hope he does not decide to do some tweaking. Take that for what it's worth, and be ready to hit that N20 multiple times! Good Luck

On a side note here is what you can expect, by the way it is supercharged and all AMG models made the torque as in this article as quick (low rpm's)>

"The Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG is a different thing: It relies on torque, and tons of it. Its 476-horsepower figure was the headline BMW M had to beat, but there was no way the M5 (384 pound-feet) was to best the E55's storming 516 pound-feet at an accessible 2650 rpm."

Well I slept on it, and I am going to see if I can race this beast without the Laker ticket bet, it sounds like I may get used!!!!!! The timely tranny shifts are my main concern sometimes in my sc400, sometimes with the nos it will just redline in second and not shift down fast enough, the horses are their, I fear I may lose this race on the second half like from 60-100mph. I just want to see what happens??

Well, V8killer I was hoping the new 400hp Vette was faster then the E55 AMG are you sure? Like I said I stayed with a new vette but like from 20-80mph when the nos was going, what happed is we, well let's say me took off from a dead stop with the vette and I was well ahead of the vette spinning out abit and I guess he didn't take me seriously in sc400 but as soon as I was out in front he hit the gas gripped and immediately was right behind me and catching then the nos kicked in at around 20mph and we were dead even going down the stretch up to 80 or so MPH neck and neck, then we shut down, he gave me the thumbs up and that was it. I was thinking if I really perpared my car for the E55 race and the E55 AMG was a bit slower then the vette I would have a chance. I guess my thinking maybe wrong!!! :(

Oh your "WRONG" alright see in my post before you mentioned it I stated the E55 has the power makes over 500lbs torque at 2500 rpm and it setup from the factory gearing wise to use that power and is capable to hit mid to low 12's. I know very well about you gear box since Peewee own's one too. That tranny is finicky and hope it's well mannered that day. Good luck your going to need it!

V8killer, you may be right about me being in trouble but I may still give it a go. If I can somehow get out of the laker ticket bet I will run the race. I ran my car today and it feels very very strong, if I lose I don't think it will be by much. Thanks for your input, and I now know these E55 AMG's are really on the muscle no dought and I am not confident I can win any longer. I need to ask you is peewee's sc running a good nos systems that gives you instant and crazy power to the rear wheels, is his car some what biult up and not stock, remember the nos is everything and makes all the difference and unless you are familiar with nos it is difficult for you to gage exactly what the car can do. The tranny shifted great today, and if I have a very good run at it like I did today I still think I have a chance. The E55 AMG 0-60 time is not that crazy it is the 60-100mph that I am worried about. See ya-

jibby said:
V8killer, you may be right about me being in trouble but I may still give it a go. If I can somehow get out of the laker ticket bet I will run the race. I ran my car today and it feels very very strong, if I lose I don't think it will be by much. Thanks for your input, and I now know these E55 AMG's are really on the muscle no dought and I am not confident I can win any longer. I need to ask you is peewee's sc running a good nos systems that gives you instant and crazy power to the rear wheels, is his car some what biult up and not stock, remember the nos is everything and makes all the difference and unless you are familiar with nos it is difficult for you to gage exactly what the car can do. The tranny shifted great today, and if I have a very good run at it like I did today I still think I have a chance. The E55 AMG 0-60 time is not that crazy it is the 60-100mph that I am worried about. See ya-
Your quite right, he does not have N20, we had this talk yesterday. Things to consider he has new tranny , the TC we had built has not been re= installed, intake and axle backs that's it. To guage what might happen without considering gearing, aerodynamics and a few other factors you could try this. Calculate his power to weight ratio, then do yours. Look at the numbers and you will begin to get a closer look at possible outcomes. I wish you all the luck and if my younger brother had the money we would have already installed a huge turbo on his car! The Amg's power to weight is 8.7 = For every 1 hp it has to move 8.7lbs.

That's why I like this forum your guys are so smart, as far as calcutatiing weight to hp ratio, I have a hard time balancing my check book so I think I will pass on that mathematic equation. Besides, drive train can be a big part in making the car faster not only HP's, figure this, and stock torque converter, vs. an awesome stall rate dragon torque converter, LSD vs. Non LSD, Different differential gearing ratio's, then of course timely transmittion shifts, coilovers vs. stock suspension, there really is alot more factors then just Weight, HP's and aerodynamics. You must consider traction, drivetrain, gearing, and driver. Although, I am sure you can get a good idea on what is going to happen by using your theory, but there is more to it.

I am going to try to and go shoping for some new fat rear tires right now, I needed them anyway, so I will post later got to go Christmas shopping for myself, ho ho ho!!!!

Holy old threads batman I forgot I posted this....... If your referring to if I ever raced the E55 AMG then the answer would be no...

Yeah, I never raced my friends bro's E55 AMG, but I did ride in it a few times under full throttle, it's very smoothe and very fast especially in the upper gears...Probably one of the nicest cars I have ever road in..It's really an awesome car as long as it doesn't break down...

Bottom line is I would get used in the back end of that race.. and that is why we never raced...From like 40-100mph the E55 really excellerates and pulls like crazy, and from what I could tell it pulls just a little harder then my SC4 at those speeds. It would still be close but I think I would come up a little short....This guy is rich and has money and would only race me for money or something of value, while I would want to race just for kicks, so with that being said I don't feel like handing over money...

Thread closed....just kidding