The latest news on Anthony's Twin Turbo 1uzfe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
VWTurbo66 said:
Hi Everyone,
The intercooler is increadably efficent. At an ambient temp on a hot day of 34 degrees the air intake temp reported on the Wolf 3D was only 30 degrees.

Sounds like a real mean mother f***er!

Although, I think your sensors are stuffed. You can't get and intake air temperature lower than ambient! Unless you make use of ethanol/methanol/nitrous/Cryo2...

450rwHP = 335rwKWs.
Stock injectors at 251cc/min @ 100% duty cycle ~ 280KWs at the engine or 375HP.

You have some number problems there.

Well yes the car is still around but its changing form a little.

First up, the diff has been removed in favour of installation of a shortened 9" F100 diff, and the rear suspension is being upgraded to a 4 link system. The spool center of the old borg warner diff was on the verge of breaking.

The rear end of the car has now been tubbed to allow 12" wide tyres to fit under the guards, and a steel roll cage has also been installed in the car. The entire interior has been stripped. It is now being built up solely as a race car, with no intention of ever being put back on the street.

The engine and tranny got fitted to a $400 VS commodore so as to be an entry in the innisfail car show burnout comp. As described by other people at the show, it was the most over powered piece of **** car they'd ever seen. (broken windscreen and roofing nails holding on the bumpers). But due to the car being finished late it didn't manage a burnout properly. Some hose connections weren't done properly, so the computer wasn't getting correct manifold pressure readings. The result was lean and too much ignition advance. They did get to make a lot of noise with it though, plus managed to get into a little trouble with show officials doing 3rd gear drifting around the show grounds with thr grunt files guys in the car...

Shortly after that, both turbo's failed...(not due to the hose problems, cheap turbo's and bad bearings) So they are being upgraded to a garret something ?? T3/T4 hybrid again... not exactly sure...but its under warranty aparently?

I'm pretty sure the injectors in the engine are bigger than 280cc. I'd guess they are at least 350-380cc. I base this on the look of the fuel map and the amount of boost the engine is running.

If any of you are familiar with the grunt files DVD's, check out the next one because the vs commodore willl be in it.

More info... I've attached a few files.

Pictures of the fuel and igniton maps, plus the ECU config file for the WOLF 3D V4 ecu. You can download the ECU software from WOLF and view the config file offline.

The load graph from 0 - 107% indicates the range from -14.7lb to 20lb of the internal MAP sensor. 50% load is atsmopheric pressure (0lb). Running 6lb max the fuel map is only getting up to about the 64% mark max.

The ignition is still a standard 2 coil, 2 distributor waste spark system. I'm trying to convince anthony to run a 4 coil waste spark with a MSD DIS4 and do away with the distrbutors all together. We'll see what happens...

No stock injectors there then.
Don't use an MSD, get an M&W they are much better.

Whats an M&W? Got a link? Personally I like the idea of running 4 coil waste spark with nice strong MSD sparks.

From the "Don't use MSD" i'm guessing you had a bad experience?

I've never run an MSD on a 1uzfe, but I have seen them on RB30DET's, Holden v8's and I have one on my vw too, and they are all very successful cars. Provided you install the ignition system properly and use matching and compatible components i've yet to see an MSD that doesn't work like its designed too.

There are good design and bad designs.

M&W

The engine dyno will also tell you what works and what doesn't. An engineer can tell you which is a better design.
Your other options are the Autronic 500R or the Motec CDI. I have never had a problem with the Autronic CDI.

Be VERY careful with running a map from someone elses car... There is a lot of things to consider.

In all likelyhood it might allow the engine to start, but be careful that its not running lean. This particular tune was running 45psi idle fuel pressure (at vacuum) and close on 60 something at full boost.

Also, getting the crank triggering 100% correct is critical, so the first thing you need to do once its started is check that timing mark is correct on the crank pully. It it isn't, its not worth going any further with working on it till its fixed. Having a CRO to look at the output from the crank and cam sensors to make sure they are both wired correctly is a good idea.

Tell me your email address and i'll email you the map directly. Also, your private message box on the forum is full and you can't receive new messages anymore... you might want to look into that.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Autronic makes very high grade stuff, and I can say that because I am using their SMC 1.99 ECU and love it. Good luck on everything, sounds badass. My project is an 88 All-Trac Celica, also turbo and 1uz but I am still finishing my other car so she waits. :(

hey how are you all i am still having problems with the wireing side of the computer can you let me know if you used the standard sensors on the engine and some other things that i need i will pm you my number and can you give me a call thanks

Sorry i've been away off the forum for quite a while... I'll be doing an ignition upgrade on the car soon. MSD DIS 4, 4 coil linked to the Wolf 3D V4.

I'll be happy to share some maps etc. I'll be taking a bunch of new photo's of the car now that the engine and running gear is in a VN, and the car's been re-sprayed. Expect some updates inside of 2 weeks.

Cheers,

Ian