The Fish

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Lexplay,i would be real keen to eyeball your setup when you get it done if you would like to show it off.Im at the stage of a turbo/supercharger showdown and i think the supercharger setup is winning.My vl is just begging for some boost and a nice vortech supercharger with the straight cut gears is just the mechanical howl to tuffn her up.

More awesomeness!

KC

KC, I don't know if you're following the ITB thread here: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9322 The last day or so we've been talking about the potential for reducing lag in a centrifugal setup by using ITB's and tweaking the supercharger bypass valve. Might be an interesting read for you, or anyone else running a centrifugal.

I'll check it out. Currently, the car stumbles a bit between shifts with heavy throttle. I think the compressor surge may be the cause. Without the IC, I had a lot less surge and I can't recall having any shifting issues at all.

I am still planning on keeping the current setup but trying it without the IC to see what happens.

KC

Also, can you snap a few pics of the body mod you had to make for the FISH to fit?-Matt

Look at picture #15 on post 12. The area where the power distribution block is sitting is where it needs "modded". Like I said, it's a fairly significant amount of bashing that needs to be done.

Also, the fuse box needs to be MUCH furthur over than in that pic. The fuse box has been and still is one of my worst enemies though this whole thing.

KC

kc are the wire's too short to move the fuse box any where or is thier just no where else for it to go? i can see it getting in the way too.

The wires are not too short to turn the box and shove it over as much as possible. It's just a big PITA. It's really not a good thing to do to any fuse box. Ideally, it should be relocated. I don't know where to though. This would of course require extensive wiring.

I haven't really looked into it, but it may be possible to use a smaller fuse box. Aftermarket or OEM out of another Toyota. It may also be possible to custom make something. Even if it's just a small plastic box.

KC

gues ill find out shortly. Cause my cars a daily driver as well first thing im going to do is remove the original fan and put the electric fans on, move the battery to the boot, did u run a posative and a negative battery cable to the back? plus try fidle with that fuse box, im sure theirs something we can do with it.

Hey guys,

I'm having a little drivability problem that started yesterday. I think the gasket I had made to block the EGR might have failed. Or I might have a vac/boost leak.

IfI manage to figure it out tonight, I'll make some more, longer driving vids on Sunday.

KC

ill prob just run a positive then its just with some cars when iv done it iv had starter motor problems, ran a negative to the block and all sweet.
i get the oxy out and turn it down low then pump the join full of solder that works good to. should be reseiving the supercharger this week in the mail. cant wait.

Guys,

Figured out the drivability problem I was having, the MAFTPro was acting up. Reset it and changed the settings some, now all is good.

Next weekend I'm going to fix my piping and try non IC with the routing shown in the vid.

Anything in particular you guys want to see in a driving vid? I made a few earlier, but they didn't turn out to great. I need to make a rig for the camera.

Speedo / tach vids are easy, I can velcro the camera to the steering wheel.

KC

got my superhcarger yesterday thanks to thermactor for his great service would recommend dealing with him again. actually lookiong at it really gets me motorvated but just have to colect a few more things and get a higher paying job lol.

The new, and hopefully the last setup. This is what I've been doing this weekend. A non IC setup with the pipes ran outside of the engine bay. I haven't quite finished yet, so I don't know what the results are, but I'll post when I do.

Last new setup pic.

I am very hopefull that this will be the one I will finally keep. I will try and shoot some more vids either tonight or tomorrow, so stay tuned.

KC

got my superhcarger yesterday thanks to thermactor for his great service would recommend dealing with him again. actually lookiong at it really gets me motorvated but just have to colect a few more things and get a higher paying job lol.

Very cool BTW. I am excited to see how it works out for you.

KC