The Fish

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
This is one I should have made a long time ago.

I tried to show my current IC setup. This is what I'm going to stick with, just need to clean it all up a bit. Once I have the IC and piping cleaned up, I'll clean up the rest of the engine bay.

Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L56h77uO3Q

Still hope to make a few driving vids later.

KC

Man I am stoked. Just came out so well! And its stock minus the supercharger motor wise? I love the sound. I cannot wait to actually do mine.

Good job again, thanks for being the first to post all the info!

Do have a question. Any reason why the CEL is on?

Matt

KC,

Its prefect. Idles very nice and the sound is just too good. I am so proud of you and I am proud of myself you. You made me proud!

Thanks Lex. I have lost count of the time and effort I've put into the car, but once I finally get it all cleaned up and tuned, it will be worth it.

Note - I'd say about 95% of the time put into it was spent figuring out why I couldn't make boost and the many piping setups I've tried. I've probably got about 5 hours into installing the SC itself, which includes taking it off once to add some shims.

KC

Man I am stoked. Just came out so well! And its stock minus the supercharger motor wise? I love the sound. I cannot wait to actually do mine.

Good job again, thanks for being the first to post all the info!

Do have a question. Any reason why the CEL is on?

Matt

Thanks.

Yes, motor wise stock. Only other speed adders are the dragon TQ and the LSD. I'm still waiting on the headers.

The CEL is on because I have the driver's front 02 sensor out, the wideband is currently in the hole. When I get the headers, I will likely get that fixed. Other than that, no codes.

KC

Anyone care to make a RWHP estimate based on the 0-60 time? 5 seconds is 1.5 to 2 seconds faster than stock, which is quite a significant reduction.

I'm very confident I can get under 5.

I will eventually have the car dynoed, but it will be a while until I do.

KC

sonoramike said:
a quick down and dirty HP calc shows a 3800lb car with RWD and auto would take 400hp to do a 4.858756556460258 second 0-60 time

but its no where near 400hp... id say 300ish.

I assume the 400hp estimate would be at the flywheel, which would be roughly 320rwhp. I think this is probably in the right neighboorhood.

The only similar setup I can compare to is the original SC400 fish install which belongs to George on this forum. http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5444&highlight=fish

He made 276rwhp with 5 psi. Main differences between his setup and mine, he is using a bigger blower (v1), but I am blowing in the 8-10 psi range.

A dyno will be the only way to know for sure of course. Before I go to a dyno, I need to do some tweaking to my IC setup, get my headers and install them, and do some street tuning.

BTW, I really like my current IC setup, but I have one more thing I need to try. Same pipe path as seen in the video but I want to put straight pipe in place of the IC. I am very curious to see what the temp difference will be between non IC pipe in the engine bay and non IC pipe not in the engine bay.

Khris

good to see its worked out ok for u kc. i just bought thermactors supercharger off him and currently am collecting up the rest of the parts to do it. im sure you's will hear more from me when i get closer to puting it on.

good to see its worked out ok for u kc. i just bought thermactors supercharger off him and currently am collecting up the rest of the parts to do it. im sure you's will hear more from me when i get closer to puting it on.

Thanks.

Very awesome to hear of another fish project in the works (thanks again Lextreme!) and that is one hell of a deal from thermactor.

On a side note, anyone considering a fish setup with a Vortech should keep an eye out for the V-9's on ebay. They are usually cheap compared to the V1s and the V2s, less demand for them. And depite a few people who thought that the V-9 is too small, and a few people who out right told me it's too small (including Vortech customer servie), I think I've proven that it works, and it works darn well to boot.

Khris

Honestly speaking, the Fish is the most affordable comparing to the rest of the FI system. I am glad u guys take it to the next step. Lexplay... Lets get it on!

it shouldnt be too long before i start so far i have got
fish bracket
bolt kit
v2 supercharger
oil t-peice
2x idler bearings
rising rate fuel reg
blow off valve
au thermo fan

all the piping and lines i will make up when its on the car. im not going to run a intercooler, its just going to be straight in.

do you think it will run with just the rising rate fuel reg plus a AEM wideband uego controller to see whats happening?

but its no where near 400hp... id say 300ish.
I believe10 psi should give around 400 bhp, but not rwhp. On average and proven of 6 psi, the SC400 will make additional 80-90 hp. 10 psi should yield an additional 150 hp. The SC400 bhp is about 250. However, this depends on how the car is tuned. Rich condition will usually lose power, while just a little leaner condition will make more power.

Lexplay,i would be real keen to eyeball your setup when you get it done if you would like to show it off.Im at the stage of a turbo/supercharger showdown and i think the supercharger setup is winning.My vl is just begging for some boost and a nice vortech supercharger with the straight cut gears is just the mechanical howl to tuffn her up.

I believe10 psi should give around 400 bhp, but not rwhp. On average and proven of 6 psi, the SC400 will make additional 80-90 hp. 10 psi should yield an additional 150 hp. The SC400 bhp is about 250. However, this depends on how the car is tuned. Rich condition will usually lose power, while just a little leaner condition will make more power.

I'm afraid to go to lean, seeing as I'm probably already pushing the limits a little. Running 10ish psi without any fuel mods other than the MAFTPro, and I did also bypass the fuel pump ECU. I may actually un bypass the FPECU, I'm not sure I'm seeing any benefit from it.

I have the MAFTPro set for 12.5 with boost, it works great. But..when I first go WOT, it hangs around 10-11 to 1 for a second and I can definately feel the loss of power. Haven't figured out how to tune it out yet. I think I may actually have a boost leak somewhere after the MAF, but I haven't been able to find anything.

KC

it shouldnt be too long before i start so far i have got
fish bracket
bolt kit
v2 supercharger
oil t-peice
2x idler bearings
rising rate fuel reg
blow off valve
au thermo fan

all the piping and lines i will make up when its on the car. im not going to run a intercooler, its just going to be straight in.

do you think it will run with just the rising rate fuel reg plus a AEM wideband uego controller to see whats happening?

Awesome. FYI, with my car I was seeing IAT temps of 65-75 above ambient without boost when I had it straight in. From everything I have read, that is fairly low, but it was making my nervous. Otherwise, straight in had the best overall driveability.

KC