The Fish

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Lex,

I see what you mean with making boost. I do pretty easily get 3psi or so with medium throttle though. To get full boost, I have to have it on the floor.

I don't think there is anything that can be done to the bracket to make it fit better. The amount the body had to be smashed in was significant. With the smallish V-9, I had some room to cut the bracket, but it will fit without cutting. I cut it for extra clearence since I had room (on the bracket) to do so.

KC

Couple of things with Supercharger. You dont make boost if you baby the gas padel. You have to floor it pretty much. Just normal driving you most likely wouldnt see any boost. Do you notice any oil leak from anywhere at all? If you do, then you might pressurizing your crank case instead of your cylinders. P.S. How much was it off? Perhaps I can mod my CAD file to make it fit for the USDM SC400.

I have mostly been babying it still, but it definately pulls. When my gauge hits 0 psi its on from there. It is also very responsive, even with all the piping and intercooler.

It is funny though, I still have the soft OEM suspension, I think it would feel faster with stiffer shocks / springs.

When I get the time, I'll make some video, watching the speedo climb is pretty amazing. It also sounds amazing, the whine, the exhaust, everything.

KC

yayay, glad its working. how much harder does it pull

I know right, FINALLY!! It took allot of work, frustration and a few sleepless nights, but FINALLY!

The pulley is a 2.4 inch. It's actually a 7-rib. I have accumulated some dust, but I haven't had any slippage problems. I think the belt is leaving the supercharger pulley a little crooked, wearing the edge slightly. The belt surface itself looks new.

I'd be willing to bet putting a bigger filter on it would make a huge difference in respones, possibly even boost level. The filter I have now is a cheap one from discount auto. I had bought a K @ N but it was too big, so I bought that cheesy one for temp until I can figure something else out. The supercharger is actually sucking the oil out of the filter, that's likey an idication of it being too small.

KC

Finally.... BOOST.... What size supercharger pulley do u have?

Thinking about an upgrade already....

I have been debating calling Vortech and asking if it's possible to upgrade the V9 F-trim to a G-trim. It would mean an extra 150cfm's to do so. Boost a little faster and make some more power....?

If I'm not mistaken, parts would include a housing and the impeller.

KC

I am not sure if you said it but what does the V9 compare to the V1/V2 in terms of power it can produce?

Matt

The V-9 F-trim that I have blows 725cfm's. The V1/V2 blows from 1000 to 1200 cfm depending on trim. I don't quite understand all the dynamics of compressed air, but more air, in theory, will make more power assuming you can fuel for it.

I would also think that more air would equate to faster boost...

Here you go...good link.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/pdf/guides/scmatrix.pdf

KC

I'd be willing to bet putting a bigger filter on it would make a huge difference in respones, possibly even boost level.

KC-

HKS makes amazing aftermarket products (obviously). Their high flow filters are very streamline in design. I have been eyeing them up for my Powerdyne. I would look into getting a fitler from them with the right inlet diameter for your V9.

Product Photo: http://advancedjdmparts.com/pimages/thumbs/t_18652.jpg
Here is one installed: http://www.od-dg330.de/gross/131_3113.jpg

Plus, these things are JDM Tyte Yo.

-Mark

not the bigest fan of the sponge filter the last one i had on a car suddenly disapeard in and out the exaust wouldnt think the charger would be as understanding.
also instead of beating the engine bay to make it fit could the super charger be brought closer in to the motor/head.

I don't know why you guys don't like the HKS air filter. I've been using it on several of my boosted Hondas for years and never had a problem. I also took it out and cleaned them several times. The thing I really like about it is I can replace the sponge if it's worn out without buying the complete unit. It's compact and filters dirt really good.

Wow, some debate about filters going on...

I was thinking of getting some flex duct and running it under the headlight. Once under the headlight I could use pretty much any filter I wanted to, plus have the benifit of getting some colder air.

KC

EDIT: Once I'm sure my setup is working properly, I'll likey try running without the filter for a test run to see if it makes any difference. If not, then I won't bother.

Guys, what the heck is the trick to keep vac lines from coming off and leaking?

I've replaced about all of them, and I tested for leaks and had none. Over the past few days, I've noticed I have less boost, so I re leak tested and I have like 5 leaks!

Its ridiculous!

I have a few things in mind to try, but could use suggestions.

KC

I have zip ties.

I found some small metal spring clamps that fit pretty tight, so far so good. Plus I got some smaller id line that fits a bit tighter.

The biggest leak I found was / is at the MAF adapter. I re-used the gasket that is normally between the MAF and the air box. I took it off and used sealer on both sides of the gasket. I need to give it some dry time and then I'll re-check.

It's amazing how small of a leak it takes to affect boost. And of course, when not boosting, any leak after the throttle body is a vacuum leak, which causes other problems. Lean idle to name one.

KC