The First SC470?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I wonder if my project can be justified as the first SC400 with a 4.7L Tundra Iron Block? I know Jim Meador (sorry forgot his last name) resleeve with Tundra pistons. However, it wasn't a true iron block from the Tundra. I finally received my heads last week and then i went for a week vacation and now I am back. I spent about 4 hours today putting parts back along with new heads.

Here is my ported head, oversized valves, upgraded springs and stage II cams
long-block%20002.jpg

Another picture of the newly received heads.
long-block%20003.jpg
long-block%20008.jpg

Heads installed with 7/16" ARP head studs and Cometic Gaskets
long-block%20009.jpg
long-block%20014.jpg
long-block%20013.jpg
long-block%20017.jpg

The engine will be installed tomorrow and should able to fire it up by Saturday if everything goes as planed.

Way to go David; now we know why you took a week vacation last week, 'cause your wife sure isn't going to see much of you this week!

Keep the pics coming as it goes together.

I used the red because of higher temp rating. Anyway, dropped the car off yesterday and the 228,000 mile engine is out. We should able to drop the new engine today and perhaps fire it up by tomorrow. I dont know what to expect however I am kindda nervous. It has been a long progressive project. The cams are little aggressive so I expect little rough on idle for sure.

must........make...........800++................hp....................

Any pix of the under side of the heads?

Hey aren't those the heads off the engine you got from me aaaaaaaaallllll those years ago?

The mechanic is little behind schedule. However, here is a picture of the car with the engine being pulled out. Tomorrow is the day.....

long-block%20018.jpg
long-block%20019.jpg

I stopped by the shop today and took some pictures for update. The engine is totally transferred to the new long block and ready for installation. Here are some pictures of the new engine looks just like stock from outside except the engine mounts.

long-block-prep%20002.jpg
IMG_0119.jpg
long-block-prep%20003.jpg
long-block-prep%20004.jpg

If they can not finish the car today.... then we have to wait until after the new year.

Update: Got a call today and the car is NOT Done and since MONDAY and TUESDAY the whole world stop, so I wont see the car until Wednesday. :(

So what are the actual specs on this motor? Not lookin for bore or stroke or anything, just the general changes. Havent really seen a list of whats being done to it. TT, cams, 4.7l is about all I've picked up.

Its done... drove the car home... put in 20 miles already.....

C'mon David a full report is needed here. You can't be the first and only owner of an SC470 without telling us all about it. We're all drooling to know......