Seller Feedback The Castlemaine Rod Shop

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Totally agree about the feedback.

Although it was well before my time, I am sincerely sorry to hear of the dramas you had Nemesis.

The frustration for me is that the current owners want to sell the business

Ad here http://www.dck.com.au/page.php?GID=...Sub=CASTLEMAINE&PrL=0&PrH=99999&submit=Search

So sadly my run has come to an end as I am at the stage in my life where I want to build a future for my family.

I will be leaving in around a month once they have found a replacement (unless a lextremer/enthusiast wants to buy the business and give it a new lease on life within the next month)

Thanks to the lextremers that have welcomed me and I will still be around here bothering people for info while I set up the BMW, great community and I just hope that someone buys the place and puts in the effort that it deserves.

Glenn

Are they only interested in selling lock, stock and barrel? Or at some point will they consider liquidating? What's a bellhousing mold go for anyway?

Do they cast their own bellhousings in-house or are these outsourced? What about their flywheels? Just trying to understand what they are selling...

The U.S. needs a company like this - at least for the 1UZ stuff. Anyone following my drift?

Are they only interested in selling lock, stock and barrel? Or at some point will they consider liquidating? What's a bellhousing mold go for anyway?

Do they cast their own bellhousings in-house or are these outsourced? What about their flywheels? Just trying to understand what they are selling...

The U.S. needs a company like this - at least for the 1UZ stuff. Anyone following my drift?

Lock stock and barrel, whole business,

Rod,

Go for it... You name is the shop name already. Rod Shop.... Nice....

Glenn,

Sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully someone will take over and run it better. You are an assest to the company and hopefully the new owner will see that. Good luck and we love to see you here more often.

$750,000AUD + SAV, not sure of the actual total inc SAV,

The ad is posted earlier, you could contact DCK for the total, Rod, DO IT hehe.

And cheers, means alot coming from MrLextreme :)

$750,000AUD + SAV, not sure of the actual total inc SAV,

The ad is posted earlier, you could contact DCK for the total, Rod, DO IT hehe.

And cheers, means alot coming from MrLextreme :)

Gday Glenn,
so is it business as usual?
Im currently doing research on a 1UZ conversion into my EJ Wagon.
trying to round up a crossmember and rack for change over purposes now.
cheers
Drew

Hi Glenn,

I used to "visit" the Rod shop often on my drives from NSW to SA. Its a pity its being sold again. Do the current owners have any engineering experience? or do they rely on the staff for everything?

$750k is a barrier to most people and then the SAV on top of that, not sure to many people would be able to consider it in this economic climate. Maybe someone like Marks 4wd Adaptors could consider it but not sure to many others could.

I have been making a shopping list for later this year and was hoping by then someone would have made an adaptor to fit the A340 transmission to the Landcruiser transfer case as I wanted to keep this project all Toyota and not have to use the T700R4.

While you're still on board Glenn can you answer a quick question: In the R150F bellhousing 'kit' what are the flywheel and clutch assembly from originally? I'm thinking it's 3.0L diesel Hilux from memory, is that right? The flywheel is big fat and heavy!

I'm thinking of getting a HD clutch assembly (towing caravan etc) but not sure what to order for exactly.

Stormy, we dont do any transfer case adaptors apart from supra box to Hilux so I would suggest calling Marks 4WD adaptors as they do a few auto to TFC adaptors,

Nemesis, I was not involved with the set up but the pressure plate we have listed is a Clutch INdustries R1000-528, any parts place should be able to cross reference that number to see what its origin is and see if there is a H/D version.
Hope that helps, let me know if there is any other info you need

yeah, i dealt with glen barker....though i could of swore that a "craig" said glen didnt work there anymore awhile ago in one of my emails when i was first enquiring about the kit, good couple months ago.