Seller Feedback The Castlemaine Rod Shop

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I emailed Castlemaine a month ago regarding an adaptor that I was intereted in. However, I didnt get any respond until last night. I talked (Via Email) to Glenn. He is the new person incharge of marketing/sales/research and development. He will be the person to contact. He is very prompt and down to the point. A great guy to deal with. The former employee of Castlemaine in charge of internet corrspondances is gone now. Glenn is the man and he is very good. Please contact him if you have any drivetrain need [email protected]

yeah they do take there time but i guess they get a bit busy. im waiting to here back about an adapter kit for a turbo 350 trans to suit the v8. had enough of the 5 speed.

Hi guys,

This is Glenn from CRS, I have just joined up as I am doing a 1UZ conversion on my BMW E30.

I have spoken to David via email and advised that previous staff had been neglecting email enquiries which I have been trying to fix up.

I use the net quite a bit as a time saving tool so I know what it is like when people dont respond in a timely manner.

I am doing my best to get through around 1500 emails at present but if someone is in a hurry for some info, please send an email to the following,

[email protected] and put "LEXTREME MEMBER" in the subject field and I will get back to you asap.

Once I have reduced the email back log I will get on more frequently and post up some pics of my little beast once it is underway.

Attached is a pic in its current state, needless to say I am itching to get started on the conversion,

Glenn

Glenn,

I know quite a few members would be interested in photos of your deep rear sump for the 1UZ.

Any chance of you posting a couple up?

I can help with that !

I phoned em up - got pricing - did the transaction and a week later it arrived !

the workmanship is absolutely awesome and it fitted 100% on all but one bolt to the engine block - it also comes with instructions (like we read THAT) and it also tells you how to relocate the dipstick which I thought was really good ! it also comes with a new pickup ! completely plug n play this sump !

I melted my factory sump ! (bad welding skills) so needed another and to get a custom one off made was more than getting this !

my only question on it - will it need baffling ? I think it may allow surge under braking - hectic braking - note think as my car isnt running yet

if I needed another sump I would buy again without hesitation !

ummmmmmm errrrr ummmm that flywheel is about the heaviest one possible ! it comes from a Toyota diesel engine 3Y I think ! I think it will make for a smooth idle ! esp since I am on solid mounts ! but I think it will hurt power !

hey glenn, brad here mate from sheep land, have emailed you about that th350 adapter kit about payment but no reply as yet, is it quicker for me just to give you guys a call and order it that way? need asap. thanks

hey glenn, brad here mate from sheep land, have emailed you about that th350 adapter kit about payment but no reply as yet, is it quicker for me just to give you guys a call and order it that way? need asap. thanks
Hey Brad,
send me an email via [email protected] with LEXTREME in the subject field and I will reply tomorrow, Glenn

Attachments

• 100_3902.jpg
    100_3902.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 27
Fellow members.

I've been dealing with Glenn over the last week and he gets my thumbs up.

I just ordered a sump from him after two tries over the last 12 months.

A new broom does sweep clean.

The Rod Shop needs this change.

hey glen

i emailed guys at caslemaine 3 yrs ago when i bought yr 1uz sump and pickup
but no one replied
its a very nice piece of work by the way

only thing is in a 2wd hilux the back deep part of the sump where the oil drain plug is hits the sway bar when suspension travel goes down

i know this is not easy to change but jus thought i would mention it

but what i did was buy a 2001 or 2003 cant remember the year hilux 2wd sway bar this sits afew inches further back in the centre so it doesnt hit the sump

just thought i would let u guys know

thanks

Emailed Glenn at castlemaine for a price on there rear sump for 1uz got a reply the next day.cant fault that for service.will be ordering a sump from them looks a very nice piece of work.
Cheers Glenn for prompt service

A new broom does sweep clean.

The Rod Shop needs this change.

Indeed it does. It was a few years ago now, and it does put a dampner on the mood of this thread, but: When I did my original 1UZ conversion I decided to buy the R150f conversion kit from CRS after they assured me it suits my 4Runner conversion.

In the end I'm sure it cost me more than initial cost of the 'full kit' again to rectify problems with it. Nearly every single piece was wrong or faulty. For eg: I replaced a starter motor at my own cost thinking it was stuffed (you know how hard that is on a 1UZ!?) but it turned out the ring gear supplied on the flywheel was from a different engine completely, it would only mesh half the time.
Right down to some odd factors, like the clutch fork and slave that sits on the opposite side of their bellhousing to factory one. The list is near endless. Even the little flywheel dowels were the wrong size for the holes in their flywheel :smashfreakB:

I could supply a list as long as the contents of the kit of things that were wrong, faulty or needed modding. Plus labour costs to get it all rectified. I guess I just lucked out... :dead:

Now I can't say that their gear is still like that because it was in about '05, but I won't lie and pretend it never happened, afterall this section is about feedback.

Sorry to dampen the spirit here Glenn, but hopefully you guys are back on track with getting kits right. Afterall, I orderd from you guys purely because of the reputation I was preached by others...

*Edit* I must add that CRS eventually agreed to pay for part of the labour to rectify the ring gear problem (only that). Only a part of the rectification costs, but it was better than nothing.

Attachments

• PIC00416-resized.JPG
    PIC00416-resized.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 449
feedback is feedback - good or bad. as long as it is factual that is all that matters.

maybe CRS will take this on board for all future kits, in which case this feedback left will have a positive outcome.

feedback is feedback - good or bad. as long as it is factual that is all that matters.

maybe CRS will take this on board for all future kits, in which case this feedback left will have a positive outcome.

Totally agree about the feedback.

Although it was well before my time, I am sincerely sorry to hear of the dramas you had Nemesis.

The frustration for me is that the current owners want to sell the business

Ad here http://www.dck.com.au/page.php?GID=...Sub=CASTLEMAINE&PrL=0&PrH=99999&submit=Search

So sadly my run has come to an end as I am at the stage in my life where I want to build a future for my family.

I will be leaving in around a month once they have found a replacement (unless a lextremer/enthusiast wants to buy the business and give it a new lease on life within the next month)

Thanks to the lextremers that have welcomed me and I will still be around here bothering people for info while I set up the BMW, great community and I just hope that someone buys the place and puts in the effort that it deserves.

Glenn

Incidently I think a change in ownership was half the problem. I ordered the kit not too long after the current owners bought the business off Hadfield (apparently.)