Project Thread The "Bunky old Hilux"

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

samsdad

1982 RN41 Hilux

Worth its weight in gold this thing. My parents purchased it when they came over to visit us in Perth in 2008 and left it with us, well you know Mum had to come and be nosey at the house that we'd bought and felt that we could use it (the ute). I keep it registered and use it when needed to do things like pick up fire wood or more importantly engines and halfcuts. It has changed slightly from the pics as the doors had to be replaced after the paint holding them on gave out (had to take a complete engineless 4wd version to get those.. Hey it was free and came with a reasonably nice alloy tray). Fitted Surf seats instead of the bench seat, re-trimmed the rest, fitted nice Alpine sounds and A/C. I have most of what I need to fit a 1U to it with a RWD R150 box, UZS131 Crown loom and puter etc, Just need an engine and some time. The latter being in short supply at the moment so no great rush

Attachments

• hilux 1.jpg
    hilux 1.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 75
my Hilux

The car is so old but maybe is good.

I definitely agree with you. This is my Hilux and I got it in a cheap price, but the car's condition is really good at all. Maybe I was lucky enough when I found it here. My car dealer works exceptional for me and I just love them. I even had it for almost five years and up until now, it works so well.

39116964001_medium.jpg

Believe it or not I've been offered some quite large sums of money for mine. For one thing it aint for sale and another good thing is that the wife doesn't know

i am in process of starting my 25 year project am searching for the first hilux with the hilux badge built in 1968 have found one in oz but cant import into nz cause of import restrictions on vehicles i have a 87 hilux 88surf hilux 93 hilux and 94 surf hilux only one road legal but all go,the 94 has been chopped from surf into double cab with 1uz motor safari diffs and prado chasis nearly done on this