Test fitting new engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
A couple of photos of the test fitting of the supercharged version of the 1UZ in my Rover.

The engine in the photos is a dead sample I use for mocking up parts.

The supercharger set up is an Eaton MP112 mounted on a water to air aftercooler which is mounted on a custom manifold.

The bonett will need surgery to go over the top of the blower.

The M112 off the Cobra would have fitted under the bonnet better than the Lightning MP version but then I would have had trouble mounting the aftercooler.

The starter has been relocated to below the engine as the aftercooler unit sits in the valley where the starter used to live.

This swap will take months as my new engine can't be assembled until we sort out the Group buy on conrods. Once that's done it will all be screwed together.

Whilst doing the new engine I'm swapping to an Torqueflite auto to soften the load on the diffs and axles.

Attachments

• e3_1_b.JPG
    e3_1_b.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 45_1_b.JPG
    45_1_b.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 17
Rod

Thats going to be one high bonnet. Has your engineer said anything about restricting you field of view?

Brett

Last edited by a moderator:
ohmigosh!

that's a HUGE TB!!!

and the height - man you'll need a pro-stock hornet scoop to get over that!!! do you want it that high? if not, is there any way to lower the engine a bit (looks like it could come downa shade).

either way, that's one tonka-tuff setup there. sweet.

Whilst the engine looks high it is only about 75mm above the bonnet line at the rear.There are a few options to drop the engine.

The steering box is right under the power steering pump. To add insult to injury the steering box adjusting bolt is right under the pulley.

I'm looking at driving the steering pump off a second belt running in front of the standard belt to let me move th pump forward that will then allow me to drop the engine down. If I do this I would use a small pulley on the pump (about the size of the top idler on a stock 1UZ) and drive it of a step-down pulley to keep the pumps speed down.

If I can get down 50mm the bonnet bulge won't be too bad.

I figure an "A9X" style scoop (with the opening at the rear) would give the clearance required.

I could always do 4' a body lift in lieu of the 2" on it now.

And Aaron thought he had the exclusive rights to building Frankenstines!

The best thing you could do Rod is just hand the blower setup over to me and I`ll put it under my bonnett. If it wouldn`t fit under it I`d just cut a hole in it without even thinking about it. Doing this will save you lots of work hehehehe.

I am about to do that btw, and there is 2 options one is electronic and the other is manual to get the correct flow... there is a thread on here all about it. 1ndecent from this site and 1jzracing have talked about it.