Tell me I'm wrong!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

-Nemesis-

My 1UZ has recently started pumping oily smoke out the crankcase breather (one side has just a filter), even at idle. It still pulls decent vacuum at idle and goes hard, but i'm looking at a dead piston ring/s hey?

After all the stuff my 1uz has been through I was expecting head gaskets eventually, not pistons. Unless it ran lean a few times (never heard it ping).....

Hi Nemesis,

Sorry to hear that.

have you done a compression test on it yet.

If 1 cylinder is lower then the others, there may be the problem with that cyl.
quick way to test if rings are gone or on way out, done compression test, then put a little bit of oil in cyls then do test again, if reading is higher on that cyl, then rings may be on the way out on that cyl.

dont think its valve guides, as if it was, you will see smoke when you start it more then when your running it
Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

At the moment I have a hose from the stock PVC valve side going to the valve, then to an air/oil seperator, then into the engine. If I crimp the hose while it's idling (on the engine side of the PCV valve) you can hear it start restricting the air being sucked into the manifold, so it's definitely working.
At idle there's still about 20inHg vacuum so the opposing side to where the smoke is being pumped out (TB side has filter and where the oil/smoke comes from) should be sucking, not blowing under vacuum. Which makes me think its 100% compression getting into the crank case past a piston :(