Technical Drawings and More

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xirforever

Over the period of owning my car and learning to make my own parts, i've acquired a few solidworks and autocad drawings of a few different parts. I have also taken a great deal of knowledge from the members of this site and i think i found a way to contribute my knowledge back to the site. I have been wanting to put together a website for a while now to share all of my drawings with the rest of you guys (and whoever is in need). And, I just found out that at my school each student is entitled to a web site of their own based off the schools domain. I have already started to put the site together, but i have never put together a web site before and progress is kinda slow. So, i have a few questions for you guys:

Here is how i was thinking of putting it together

1.) Home page with mission statement and whatever (not too important)
2.) Links with all the parts on the left hand side of screen
3.) On each part page: What type of format for each part would be best? EX. description of necessity, material used, then snapshot of the 3D model part next to actual part.
4.) After pictures and description, there should be an available file to download of the part. Most of my work is done in solidworks nowadays, do most of you have solidworks 2008? or should i save in a 2007 format?

Questions:
1.) Do you guys think this is a good idea or would i be wasting my time?
2.) Would any of you donate your drawings for me to add to the site once its running?
3.) Any comments/suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_1768.JPG
    IMG_1768.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,552
  • IMG_1770.JPG
    IMG_1770.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 2,545
  • IMG_1774.JPG
    IMG_1774.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 3,004
egr plates
S&S header flanges
tranny tunnel brace (to fit a large driveshaft)
differential ear mount bushings
strut tower rings (to make custom stb)

random stuff like that, this summer ill have a lot more time to make a few more parts i have been wanting to draw up too

i mean its not an extreme amount of stuff as i am pretty busy with school 24/7, but shoot, i wish i had access to these files when i needed them.

Well for myself I have the 2006 version of solidwork and an old r15 version of Catia V5. I'd say save your model in step or IGES format so any CAD program can open the model.

good thinking, ill probably do IGES because it seems like that format is more versatile than step. had my last exam today, summer begins! I really do not like thermofluids

I would like to see the drawings. I have both Solidworks and Autocad here and I agree either IGES or STEP formats. Have you proved any of the drawings out by making a part?

Jake

Yeah, every drawing that i'm offering i have made, i don't like to give a drawing out unless it has been tested.

any drawing specific you'd like to see? PM your email and ill shoot them your way.

Does anyone know what ever happened to xirforever or how to contact him now? I only have an old AOL address.