Project Thread T88 soarer back on track.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Turbo4L

Hi guys, its been a while but the the soarer is back at our workshop to be completed.

I've just been working on the fuel system today with the supply side now finished.

There are 2x bosch 044 fuel pumps which come out -6 then merge into -8 for the length of the car then they again split back to the twin -6 before the new fuel rails which house 8 x Sard 700cc injectors which will be regulated by a Turbosmart fpr1200 fuel reg.

I'll get some photos up in the next day or two.

Cheers

Ben

Hey guys,
I spent most of the day working on the fuel system.

I've run the twin -6 braid lines from the surge tank through the floor of the boot, at which point the merge into a single -8 fuel line.This line continues over the diff and then there is an sx fuel filter before it runs the length of the car.The line then heads up towards the right hand side of the engine back at which point it then splits back into twin -6 braid.

The lines enter the new fuelrails we made which the SARD 700cc injectors will sit. Once the fuel passes through the rails its onto the Turbosmart FPR 1200 fuel reg which has twin -6 in and a single -6 outlet.
I'm just about to run the new -6 fuel return back to the surge tank on the opposite side to the fuel supply.

I'd spent most of today working off the factory fuel system.
There are three holes in the factory fuel tank,I've been told the the two on the drivers side are the feed and the return the other single one on the passenger side is and extra return?
We then welded on steel -6 male AN fittings to all three of the fuel lines. i'm just going to block off the one i don't need.

From the two that i have been told are the feed and the return i've run -6 braid to the surge tank which is mounted in the boot.

Tomorrow I'll be finishing off the fuel system with the mounting of the fuel reg.

Once the fuel is finished I'm onto the breather, power steering, radiator overflow and finishing the twin TB twin plenum.

I'll try to post up each day.

Cheers

We have removed all of the factory cooling system, ie the air con condenser, factory radiator, massive radiator fan set-up and all of the original air suspension.

I'll either try to post up pics once i get to work or ill send them over to you lex.

Either way my brother. Love to see some pictures of your setup and fuel system. As I am doing my very similar to yours with 8 1000 cc/min

Hey guys,

Still have not had a chance to take any decent photos yet.I can send some off my phone , they are 3 mega pixels.
Today i continued with the fuel system.The fuel reg arrived and so did the SX fuel filter. I also installed the -6 return.

The other area i was working on was the new breather setup, with it now having a -10 outlets on the back of the rocker covers which will head over to the breather tank that i made to the left (to the left) of the brake master cylinder.
I then made the new radiator over flow tank which is mounted down and to the left of the battery.This get feed by the radiator filler neck which is remote mounted on one of the radiator pipes which is also getting a bleed from the highest point of the engine.

Next to be made was the new power steering tank which will have one line feeding the pump and the other will have a line coming back from the power steering cooler.

The shop which i purchase all of my fittings from had run out of -6 45 deg speedflow connections so i will have to wait untill monday for those as we have a public holiday on friday.Those fittings are the last ones i need to finish the fuel lines, they return from the rails to the reg.

We will be running two Turbosmart race port Bov's as they are the biggest they currently make(45mm i think).We are running two the keep as much as possible symetrical (Is that spelt right?).

We will mount the two 12" Davis Craig fans on Saturday.The two 77mm Tb's will also get mounted and the plenums finished on the weekend.

Cheers

Hey guys,

Thanks David for posting up those photos.
After those photos were taken, i then continued to work on the cleaning up the rocker covers and then removed the engines wiring harness. The harness part was not easy at all.

I think all of the fab work should be finished by Tuesday or very shorty after.
Then it will be full time on breaking down the factory wiring harness and wiring up the Motec M800 to get the car started.

I'll be ordering all of the new gaskets and factory toyota stuff i need for the car on Monday.

Quick update on the project.
We have decided to go with a Haltech E11 and most likely their digital dash with data logging.The reason for this is the no need to buy an extra 8 chanel expander box.The cost of the Motec was starting to just sky rocket with the motec with advance functions and the expander being about 5K plus the S2000 coil on plug units.

We will start the wiring this weekend and i'll give you an update on the progress.

One other thing is we will be using the Haltech to control the Idle speed,Boost, Two step and possibly the exhaust valve which we are going to make.

Cheers
Ben

very nice!!
where are you putting the radiator?
and will the plenum be exposed through the bonnet? thatd look awesome.

The radiator sits right behind the intercooler only about an inch away.
I've just finished fitting the twin 50mm Turbosmart blow off valves.I used -4 speed flow fittings for the vacum lines also.Not required but looks cool.

The plenums will not be exposed as they fit under the factory bonnet.When we first designed the plenums we didn't care if we had to put a bonnet bulge in to fit them, as we just wanted something that would work correctly.

Quick update on the project.
We have decided to go with a Haltech E11 and most likely their digital dash with data logging.The reason for this is the no need to buy an extra 8 chanel expander box.The cost of the Motec was starting to just sky rocket with the motec with advance functions and the expander being about 5K plus the S2000 coil on plug units.

We will start the wiring this weekend and i'll give you an update on the progress.

One other thing is we will be using the Haltech to control the Idle speed,Boost, Two step and possibly the exhaust valve which we are going to make.

Cheers

Who's going to tune and fit E11v2 ???
Oh btw get the software update....
My car was one of the mules for upgrade....
Talk to Scott or Nathan...

Attachments

• sideon.JPG
    sideon.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 154
XR8tt,
We are going to wire up the car and we will also tune it.
I've got to get a couple more things from Haltech today.Bosst solinoid,injectors plugs and can conector.
Scott from Haltech is great to deal with and is very helpful.I'll make sure i get the upgraded software.
Cheers

Ben

Hey guys,

Just an update on how the car is going.

Finished off the fuel system in the boot on the weekend.
We now have a Walbro intank feeding the 6L surge tank which the two 044 pumps draw from.
All the wiring is done and is triggered by the Haltech.

I'll get the photos up soon.

Now its time to wire up the dash switches for the Boost control, ecu conection and map changing switch.

Cheers

Ben

Hi Guys,

I've now just finished the twin TB throttle set-up.
I ended up using a throttle cable from a 1JZ soarer as it was a fair bit longer and bolts straight in, this was insted of having the stock one lengthened.

The pedal feel is great as there is one return spring on each tb.

6 point roll cage is now also installed.

Gauges are also now installed.