sway bars

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

White ls400

im looking at getting sway bars for my 90 ls400 but im mainly looking at the back one first as most of the roll is coming from the rear and also with the extra weight of the lpg tank it has pretty bad understeer would only fitting the rear sort this out or unbalance the rear too much

Sometimes a bad or squishy feeling in the rear end could be worn bushes in the rear. I had my bushes checked by Pedders and they said they looked fine. Later when we replaced them anyway the car improved out of sight. Mid corner bumps were no longer a problem and a much more direct steering. Even if you put a sway bar on it and the bushes are buggered it won't fix your vauge feeling.......

Hope that helps a bit.......

I'm rocking that exact same Addco 7/8'' bar... makes HUGE difference for early LS. I think I paid around $120 or so, ends up pretty cost effective for what it does.

Anyone know if a front bar exists? Or some strong end links?

I contacted Addco, they said if i mailed them a stock bar (LS400 or SC400) they could make a thicker than stock bar. If anyone has one to donate we might get a new bar available. I plan on doing this over summer.

Also, has anyone messed with the puney endlinks? The metal material attaching the small ball-joints is as thick as a pencil and mine has actually bent from my super stiff setup.

I saw a BLOX endlink for a civic that looked liek ti could work, Heim linked that is threaded for height. I think it can be used for our sways.

I'll try to find a front stock bar and I'll let you know. I really want a bigger bar for the front too.
As for the end links let me know what works. The stock one look pathetic. thanks

James

I am leaving for my local Ace Hardware for my endlinks. I googled a few DIY endlinks, it's pretty straightforward. I plan for (4) 1/4'' heims(spherical bearings if you will) with either a threaded center shaft (steel) or if i'm lucky one threaded joint with a threaded body-heim for the connection... if your ride is lowered at all then the height will have to be shorter anyway. Once i make some purchases and take some pics i'll start a new thread.

Well I don't have a camera right now but I made 2 sets of spherical endlinks. The rear links only needed to be 5'' long so I picked up (2)male (2) female Aurora 5/8'' Spherical bearings and simply threaded them into each other with a nylon locking nut. The entire piece is 10x more rigid than my OEM plastic ones. I noticed my car's rear end corners flat as my 7/8'' bar now feels like 1.25''. I chose a quick route and used an allen bolt with nut instead of clevis ends and bolt so I have a slight bind under total suspension trravel but it's mild. The fronts were a little harder as the shop I was using had no more female ends.. so I had (4) male aurora bearings also in 5/8'' and needed a 7'' length so I welded each rod end inside 5/8'' steel tubing and painted black. I made the mistake of not using 1/2'' rod ends as the front bar has a larger bore but so far they have held up my 1500mile colorado/california trip w/ no issues :dunno: cost around $25 for rears and $30 for front

aurora_ms.jpg

I will post some pics tomorrow.

Good write up. So you can get these Aurora bearing at any hardware store? Hmm... I wonder if the Home Depot near my house have it? Anyways, looks good man. I'm still waiting for the pics.:biggrin:

Hypronet... YOU ARE THE MAN. Been saying I was going to buy a second oner and drop it off for sizing but it never happened. I have an addco rear... still stock fronts. So can I call whteline and order? or is it an AU only part? Last one I ordered was off a website and it was fairly easy.

HI spf_lexus,
whiteline are around the corner from where i live, an before i gave them the swap bars, they had NO custom swap bars for the lexus.
Best thing would be to call them an have a chat to work out what size your after or what best suits your needs.

Hi Och

Info from whitelines site
International - door to door courier.
This is the fastest service. It has the advantage of issuing a tracking number that you can use to monitor the progress of your parcel using the carriers web site. We use a variety of carriers depending on destination and weight but they include DPE, DHL and Airborne Express. Transit times vary between 3-5 business days depending on distance and subject to stock availability. Again, the higher the zone number for your destination, the longer it will take. We only use our nominated carrier for each destination to ensure the lowest possible price overall. We can however discuss alternatives if your order exceeds A$1000.

Whiteline do have dealer outlets around the world, by following this link http://www.whiteline.com.au/dealer_LOCALE.php?locale=NA&description=North America&country= you will be able to find the dealer near you.

Hope this helps you out

Since they are so close to you, would you be able to ask them if they could perhaps set up a group buy for US customers on this board as well as clublexus/lexus owners club? Usually sway bars are the most cost effective handling improvement, and they should be able to sell a lot of them in the US.

Hi Och

Info from whitelines site
International - door to door courier.
This is the fastest service. It has the advantage of issuing a tracking number that you can use to monitor the progress of your parcel using the carriers web site. We use a variety of carriers depending on destination and weight but they include DPE, DHL and Airborne Express. Transit times vary between 3-5 business days depending on distance and subject to stock availability. Again, the higher the zone number for your destination, the longer it will take. We only use our nominated carrier for each destination to ensure the lowest possible price overall. We can however discuss alternatives if your order exceeds A$1000.

Whiteline do have dealer outlets around the world, by following this link http://www.whiteline.com.au/dealer_LOCALE.php?locale=NA&description=North America&country= you will be able to find the dealer near you.

Hope this helps you out

I'm soo down for a group buy. I want new sways so bad.

Attachments

• DSCF0604.jpg
    DSCF0604.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF0606.jpg
    DSCF0606.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 22
  • wiring etc 001.jpg
    wiring etc 001.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 21
Ok, i will pop in there tomorrow to see if we can work something out with them.
I will need to know what size front/rear bars and for what make of lexus, you are after and how many is required.
I will check on prices for 5 sets to be set to the US, but i will need to know where to send them too?

Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

Attachments

• wiring etc 014.jpg
    wiring etc 014.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 13
  • wiring etc 015.jpg
    wiring etc 015.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 15