Project Thread Supercharged 1UZ celica

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Justen,

i seen ur reply on the other thread regarding pulley sizes, from what i calulate from my little spreadsheet here, you should be getting around 18psi boost?

so slippage or heat may have just drop the psi down a little bit, but if run gilmer drive an sort out the water injection that will improve some.

by the way, with gilmer drive installed, the car will sound really mean from idle :D

Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

Justen,

I'm seeing 21.5psi on an 8 rib belt that only drives the supercharger.

The tensioner is off a 3.8litre Holden/Chev V6.

The boost doesnt drop off with revs and I can see max boost at 1,500rpm.

10 rib may be overkill.

Too bad the gilmer drive group buy is in a coma. They seem like a superchargers' best friend. Did you already delete the A/C and fan idler? That would take a good foot off your belt length.

Yup, no IC and fan as well as idler pulleys gone.

An 8 rib would do it safely i reckon without having to over tension things. 10 rib could be overkill but jeez it would look tough :)

Just some eye candy of a different sort...my new XC rig. Kinda supercharged if i'm having a good day ;)

anthem29er.jpg

Even my cycling mates would take the Celica ;)

Apart from being hell fun and a speed high (it's all relative), it's a life style decision. Trying to stay as fit as i can (just turned 43 with a 4 yr old), for as long as i can and i'm running out of activities.....footy is too hard on the body and a life time of it has my knees too knackered for jogging. I'm not a sedate activities kind of guy so cross country ticks a lot of boxes :)

Just to get some greeness outta my system i did another hillclimb today and quite a good one, considering the weather. Won my class and into the 49's, which is always a good day at Sutton. I tried a coupla new lines (which worked), so next time we have a full dry day i reckon i'll be good for a PB and hopefully a 48
smile.gif

Next one might be back with the TT setup
biggrin.gif

I have some vids but Go Pro doesn't always give the best quality...i need to edit them 1st anyways.

Nice to see her up and running Jus..How come the change to a s/charger from the turbo days..?
and seriously, your opinion on Argo Race rods..?

I lunched the old TT engine...well just broke a ring land. A new 'built' engine is progressing slowly (using Argo Rods), but i was keen to get the car back on the track so i whipped this up outta sh!t i had lying around ;)

It was also a chance to real world test an SC and see where (if anywhere) it's better than the TT setup. Nowhere is the SC better is my assessment. It's not bad, in fact it is still very good, but the TT kills it in every performance comparison.

The SC does provide a much more linear response, which makes it easier to drive, so i've bumped the static compression up to 11.5:1 for the new TT to see if i can get even better response. Interestingly, the TT power curve is better than the SC everywhere, even low rpm. That's on 6 psi LESS boost as well....that's the real killer for me. I'm currently making much less power than the TT setup, with much more boost....on paper the efficiencies aren't that different but real world? They are HUGE.

Still, 270-280rwkw (on a very safe tune) is power most would be happy with and the car still goes like a cut snake :)

Argo rods? great!! Even better at the group buy price ;) They are ahead of Spool and Eagle and closer to the real top send stuff but at a price i can understand.

Oops, broke another one :eek: Once again, not the engine's fault. Usual track day at Wakefield but stinking hot. The car was running well and i was giving it some coming onto the main straight ina big drift...popped the MAP ref line off the ECU...this has never happened before and you'd expect it to come off at the engine, not at the ECU inside the car?

Anyways, full boost with no fuel and god knows what ign timing was enough to do some damage. Next session out i got in 4 hot laps and it stared getting a little breathy...then a stutter and smoke out of the breathers. I erckon a ring land has let go same as last time. It still idles smooth and runs fine until you are on boost. Tough as these engines :)

I reckon the SC setup is now up for sale as i'll just try and fast track my new TT setup.

If anyone is intersted and wants to get in before i start advertising, drop me a pm. It'll include the engine which should be fine with just a new piston inserted...or makes a good basis for a full rebuild.

Bummer.

Your map setting would have gone to 100kpa so you would have had fuel but probably knowhere near enough under boost.

Just keep adding oil at the end of each race until it spits something else out.

I will put a dot of super glue on my MAP hoses I think.

A hot rod guy up the road from me has a sc400 front cut that was given to him, he ran it at wide open throttle for 1/2 hr with no load to check it out...... Runs like a dream and not even a hint of smoke, soon to become a salt flat racer style hot rod.

Justen, sorry to hear that news.

I've never understood why some ECU manufacturers insist on embedding MAP sensors onto their MB's, and then you have to run a line to it through the firewall.

That makes about as much sense as the old days when you had mechanical fuel pressure gauges and had high octane fuel running through the dash.

OK the embedded MAP sensors aren't quite as flammable as the fuel gauges, perhaps, but about as sensible......