Supercharge 1UZ into UCF10 project.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
James, I have a couple quick questions for you. I have a 2000 LS400, do you know if the supercharger you have would work in my car? Do you know approx what you have in terms of $ for the parts, as well as the machine shop work? Could you post a list of your sources for the parts you are putting in, as it would be a useful reference for those of us who may follow in your footsteps down this upgrade path. Looks like it's really coming together.

Oh, one last ?, since you were doing a pretty much complete rebuild, why did you choose to stick with the orig cams? Aren't there any out there that would have a profile better suited for SC'ing, while still giving decent overall drivability? Or, seeing as all the parts/work you're putting into it, did you just finally hit the $ wall? If so, I can understand. ;) Just wondering, and keep up the good work!

Great project James! You have some really high quality items going in there. I gotta give you props for bringing new life to the UCF10, they are true sleepers when built up. I wish I was done with school sooner so there could be 3 beastly LS400's roaming these LA streets. (you, me, + Thermactor)

Hmmm, maybe supercharged UCF10 Triad??? :D

Hey Alpha... welcome to our site.... I am pretty sure James can answer all of your questions, if not I can jump in.
Hey Lextreme, thanks for the welcome, and it appears that you'll be doing the informing, as James seems to not be available at this time to answer my questions. Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks!

James, I have a couple quick questions for you. I have a 2000 LS400, do you know if the supercharger you have would work in my car? Do you know approx what you have in terms of $ for the parts, as well as the machine shop work? Could you post a list of your sources for the parts you are putting in, as it would be a useful reference for those of us who may follow in your footsteps down this upgrade path. Looks like it's really coming together.

Oh, one last ?, since you were doing a pretty much complete rebuild, why did you choose to stick with the orig cams? Aren't there any out there that would have a profile better suited for SC'ing, while still giving decent overall drivability? Or, seeing as all the parts/work you're putting into it, did you just finally hit the $ wall? If so, I can understand. ;) Just wondering, and keep up the good work!

Can't answer your questions on the centrifugal supercharger, but concerning the cams, Kelford make a very nice supercharger cam for our early 1UZ engines. To my knowledge, they haven't started grinding cams yet for the later VVTi's.

cribbj, thanks for your reply, I'm still hoping that either James or Lextreme makes it back and fills in the details of the questions I've asked. Hopefully one of these days... :eek:

Wow, just logged in to do my daily check on this post, to see if either Lex or James had yet left a response, and realized that it's now been a month and a half since I posted my orig questions, with multiple gentle 'bumps' in between. I guess maybe they are too busy to answer, or have forgotten that I had posted it. Either way, I'm giving up, there's no longer any need to reply to my orig post/questions, as I won't be following this thread looking for one.

I have to admit I am disappointed though, as I thought I had asked a couple pretty simple questions, which could have been answered in less that 2 minutes and 3 sentences, and that I have seen info flow around here pretty freely in many other posts. Might it be that as I am a newbie here, until you have enough posts or whatever, you're not part of the 'team' or worthy of timely responses to simple questions?

I certainly hope not, as in my experience with specialty websites/forums like this, new users are generally well received, and encouraged to make posts by getting timely responses to said posts. Maybe this time has been the exception, but as I stated before, I am disappointed in how this (lack of) communication has turned out. Maybe next time, with new post on new subject, it will turn out differently. One has to hope. :eek:

I know James had just gotten back home from a long trip, so I'm sure he's pretty busy to go to the forum to check on his thread. He's been busy before and after the trip. Hopefully, he'll find the time to get back on his project and be back on the forum.

I can't answer for James on your first paragraph, but I can answer your question on the second paragraph.

The reason he'd stick with the stock cams is to make the setup simple, because this car will be a daily driver. Modified cams are expensive, plus they may not be reliable if they're not modified correctly. Currently, there's no ready-made cams for the 1UZ. All hi-performance cams that you see are ground cams using stock cams, and they're done on a 1 time basis. The second reason is he's not looking for a big amount of power on this car. An additional 100 rwhp will be enough for him.

Well the long journey of my build is Done. I enjoyed every bit of doing my rebuild. It took forever since I'm busy most of the time. Just want to thank you to Lextreme and Stevechumo who assist me with this project.

She's up and running. Been driving it around and it is a blast. Put a smile on my face everytime. Still need to hook up the SAFC II to do some tuning soon. I'm just driving it around doing the break in process.

Body work and interior is my next step.

Here is some pics. Enjoy.

Well Phase 2 has begun. Doing some body work on the car. Fender pulled and a new coat of paint. Hopefully it will come out good.