Subaru Legacy wagon

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8MX5

Ive always thought this would be a great platform to work with. Plenty of brakes and good bits for them. I measured it up and it looks even better all fitted. Cheers

Heres some pics of my latest creation. I will take some more pics next week as i dont have any completed pictures yet.
Its just a standard 1UZ with auto trans running the factory ECU.
Its RWD only. Built it to see if it could be done.
Will post up more detailed pictures next week of what was done to get it all under the bonnet.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2858/trademejuly009.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6435/trademejuly014.jpg

You sir are a nutter...and i fully approve :)

Ah, yet another conversion from the land of swaps! Good to see you got it in the hole, is there going to be a problem with the air intake pipe being so close to the strut tower? Nice that you didnt have to cut the sump up either. Much mods in the radiator area needed?

Ah, yet another conversion from the land of swaps! Good to see you got it in the hole, is there going to be a problem with the air intake pipe being so close to the strut tower? Nice that you didnt have to cut the sump up either. Much mods in the radiator area needed?

Got the car drivable today. Goes great, a bit noisey though as its running a 3inch system with 1 large muffler at the rear. Definatly sure sounds different to the usualy subaru rumble.
Air intake pipe clears by 3 million miles ! Running the standard radiator, time will tell if its sufficient. Will see how things go over the weekend.

Ive always thought this would be a great platform to work with. Plenty of brakes and good bits for them. I measured it up and it looks even better all fitted. Cheers

We fitted a pair of bigger brakes with twin pot calipers off some other model subaru, maybe the twin turbo ? Not sure, but they bolted straight up and look to be a definate improvement over what was on there.

would one of these fitted?

I dont see any problems with fitting one. Theres a few of those 4WD engine/trans are kicking around in NZ. Would be great to see someone do the V8 4WD conversion to a subaru. You have me thinking now... A 2 door Impreza 4WD V8. First thing that comes to mind is what rear diff to use ? And getting someone to build good strong reliable axels could be a prob.

Any tunnel or firewall mods needed to make it fit? Did you reuse the subaru fan on the radiator? And how do you get it all under the bonnet???? Surely a lexus is a lot higher than the flat four?!

WRX is 650mm from bottom of sump to top of throttle body ..
The 1UZ is 520mm from sump to top of thermostate housing..
The intercooler sits on top of engine as well..
I don't have 1UZ inlet here at present..
Just look at pics !! I'm sure he hasn't done photoshop to make it fit!!

Any tunnel or firewall mods needed to make it fit? Did you reuse the subaru fan on the radiator? And how do you get it all under the bonnet???? Surely a lexus is a lot higher than the flat four?!

No tunnel of firewall mods. Yes i re used the factory subaru radiator. Removed 1 of the 2 fans to allow clearance of power steer pump pulley.
Trick is to space the crossmember down. If you see the second pic i put a link to on my first post you will see the spacer.
Ive also had to space down the rear of the lower suspension arms.
Doing this does not effect the ride hight or change the suspension geometry any more than lowering a car. This subaru will not be lowered as its been built as a sleeper to be driven daily.
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4291/trademejuly013.jpg

Hello and interesting project here....infact you have inspired me sufficiently to convert a 95 EJ25 wagon as well. How did you go with certification?? and what part of NZ are you in...wouldn't mind catching up and airfares cheap...hehehe