STS rear mount turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey guys im reading up on all of the forced induction plans of everyone, and im gonna be doing one soon myself. My friend owns a performance shop and just become a dealer for STS turbo kits as you see on camaro's, corvette's and many other v-8 vehicles with little engine bay space like the 1UZFE as well. I was curious if anyone on here has done this type of kit before and if so are they satisfied with the results and accessability, etc. Im not looking for huge gains in power just yet im looking for a little more power. I won't be running a bov or intercooler so I can keep the sleeper appeal, plus im only gonna run like 7 psi. Thanks alot chris

Attachments

• 5.1L.JPG
    5.1L.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 5.1L-Data.jpg
    5.1L-Data.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 7
Such a set up has been run once -to my knowledge- by mounting the turbo in the spare tire area to protect the turbo from the elements. A rear mount turbo definitely can work.

The only problem with STS system would be oil return. If the return oil pump fail. You are jacked. Black smog from burning oil and oil goes into your intake too. Not too reliable... I had a customer with STS and the oil pump failed and almost ruin his motor.

Rear mounting a turbo is inherently inneficient, but if you only want a small power gain its pretty easy to do and will work to an extent. As Lex said your oiling system would be your main challenge.

I never reccomend rear mounted turbos though - you loose too much energy through the length of teh exhaust and all that extra piping adds a fair amount of lag.