stock exhaust manifold potential

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JustenGT8

So in my constant playing around with stuff i'm looking at what hp the stock exhaust manifolds will cope with once the engine is supercharged?

They are the semi log style versions (dunno what car the engine is from?), so in between the block hugger logs and the more tri-Y version.

They don't look great but with a few tweaks i hope they could cope with 300rwkw?

thoughts?

Having cut some up to fabricate some cheap exhaust manifolds ...
Some of the entry pipes to log don't seem to look too good..
In this case at least 10mm inside. Restricting cylinders behind log..
Be interesting to see difference if you fit long tubes latter ???

Nah not the log manifolds. pipe merges are the best angles but no protruding issues.

I'll do it best i can 1st time around and that will be it.

Once built motor goes in it's back to a refined turbo setup :) This is just playtime with a stocky in the interim ;)

I tried that too, didn't work so well. Then I bought some mustang headers, and those didn't work out well either, just ended up cutting out all the bends and making one from scratch.

Plus, the SSautochrom are only 1 1/2" primaries. Too small for forced induction. The mustang headers I hacked up were 1 5/8". Much better I think. If I were to do it again, I would just buy the bends and start from scratch. Would have saved both time and money.

Not sure if you have seen my setup yet from another thread.

headers1.jpg

headers_motor.jpg

Hello Justin

I dont think the crown logs flow as bad as everyone thinks , sure they look like crap but we had a pair flowing 170rwKW on an NA setup before we supercharged it. It was a beast. The LS400 type ones have a smaller outlet than the crown logs. We have had 240rwKW on standard internal supercharged motors without any extras and high intake temps and very little timing. Im sure you(I mean you , many others couldn't) could pull 300 out of them but it would be far easier with some better extractors.

Cheers

1 1/2 [32mm] primaries is ok with turbo application as its under pressure and spools turbo fine..
I have 32mm on my Ford Turbo V8 with 482 rwkw nr enough to 650 rwhp..
In a supercharged engine yes the bigger the better with in reason...
1` 5/8 should work fine on supercharged engine ..

so what are you guys using for collector flanges. I have the mustang flange that is a ball-socket type with springs which gives some flex to the piping, or do you think a 3 bolt flange work better(harder to access)