Stock ECU Compatibility (JDM vs USA?)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

UCF11

I have a 1992 - 1994 1UZ with a JDM Celsior ECU, part number 89661 50170 or 89661 50171 that has been repaired a couple of times and has finally given up for good.

The ECU has a 34, 22, 16, 28 pin configuration

I'm having trouble finding a stock JDM replacement locally, I'm aware too there's a risk of buying an ECU that is already on its way out so it can be tricky...

At this stage I don't want to go aftermarket - I know its the best solution but they are a cost I would rather put on hold for at least a year.

Are any of the American spec LS400 1992-1994 ECUs compatible with a Japanese Loom?

Any help would be appreciated.

I recall the issue between the ECUs is the O2 sensor setup between the JDM version using 2 and the America version using 4...

Is this potentially the reason they can't work?

Depends on the model year. AFAIK the NZ/Aus delivered LS400 ran the same ECU as the US versions, in fact aside from the fact that we have the steering wheel on the correct side of the car they're the same car. Hell we'd get LS ECUs from the US via eBay and "Plug'N'play" when you had an LS ecu go bad as it was a lot cheaper than getting the original repaired and often the eBay specials turned up a lot quicker too (never worked out why in WA it's often quicker to get stuff from home/NZ or the USA as opposed to the eastern states).

Interestingly enough for a quick and cheap LS perfomance upgrade we'd fit Celsior ECUs. The main differences being aside from Celsior running the "Hydrofan" and LS being Viscous (engine driven) was not only that the LS runs all the pollution/smog gear (ECU controlled) and Celsior does not but due to the afore mentioned smog gear they have differing fuel and ignition maps so the LS has less power and Torque than the Celsior.

Cost of Aftermarket ECUs? Do some research on the Spitronics ECU. South African product and the cost will surprise you. Most recent price that I got was $450AUD and while that was 6 months ago I'd think that it's still reasonably current, that price also included postage and they can be tuned by anyone with average mechanical knowledge and computer skills

Hi, I am also looking for an ECU for my 83 Celsior 89661-50170 or 89661-50171 - very difficult to find! Can anybody suggest a substitute number? My car does have the hydraulic fan and no smog gear but I can always add an electric fan if I need to.