Still smooth with no exhaust?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

andrewzuku

Should the 1UZ still be rediculously smooth with no exhaust at all? It's not running all that smooth, and when I've driven it, it hasn't had great power.

I've got the engine out of a 91 soarer running in a 1981 hilux. All I've got to go before it's on the road is exhaust (and mod plate).

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12046

I have the exhaust manifolds on and that's all. The system ends there.

The engine sat for 2 years without being run, so I've been told the injectors may need servicing. Also, when we replaced the timing belt we noticed some very very small cracks on the plastic distributor rotors (is that what they're called?). I've replaced the spark plugs, and the engine has new oil.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Andrew

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna have to wait til I get the exhaust done before I can tell for sure.

There's probably nothing wrong. Once it's properly warmed up it seems fairly good - actually pretty quiet too up until about 2000rpm, and then it just gets stupidly loud.

A friend of mine came over who'se got a holden statesman (5 litre v8), and he couldn't believe how smooth it was. He was amazed that when he put his hand on the engine while it was running that it wasn't moving at all.

Attachments

• Best dyno pull1.jpg
    Best dyno pull1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 718