Starter solenoid 'clicking''

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

My '98 LS has 280,000km and the starter solenoid is doing the click-click... Is a solenoid kit suffice or should I replace the whole starter with new or reco ?

depends on how quickly you need it to become driveable again
Also note that dodgy starter power wire (thick one) may cause the same clicking

At 280,000k's I'd get it reconditioned.

I had mine done in Hornsby for less than $300.00

I did the R & R and dropped it off to Barrie Auto Electrics.

Solenoid clicking

At 300,000km I will be putting in the 2nd cam belt so I'll do the starter (if it lasts another 20,000) at the same time. So yeah $300 for a reco would certainly give me piece of mind going by how difficult it is to get to it. I'll do new fan belt and radiator hoses ($100) also as I hope to get many more miles from it yet.. (at 300k its only just run in!!)
... Put in an oil pressure gauge just for the hell of it... just wanted to see what it was.. the book says 4.5lbs at idle and 80lbs at 3000rpm, well its 20lbs at idle and 80lbs at 3000rpm... so its good...
I'm on the Central Coast and would have no idea who to take it to so if you recommend this guy at Hornsby then I'll take it there. (thanks for the tip) :)

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 2
depends on how quickly you need it to become driveable again
Also note that dodgy starter power wire (thick one) may cause the same clicking

Yes George_R I will check dodgy battery cable, others have told me that also and I have a motorbike so its not super urgent that its back on the road..